Coco - The Big Irish Grey

TheBigIrishGrey

www.facebook.com
Hello and very pleased to meet you all, I thought I’d create an account to join in rather than being just a viewer. I have been disabled for a very long time (since age 17, now 31) and bedbound for around the last 10 years. I decided to see if I could ride again last year and at the riding centre (where I found I could!) I met my dream horse, Coco! A 16.2 11 year old grey Irish draught mare... my dream horse in every way! After a few weeks I was really loving riding her but was so sad to think of her being with anyone else... I asked if I could buy her and funny enough my Mum said they had already asked the week before if I would like to loan her which Mum was going to sort as surprise for me but I asked them if I could buy her and they said yes! She was mine!
She was a little worse for ware having been given to the school by her owner who had lost her confidence with her but then so was I! Everyone always said and still says how perfect we are for one another which I love. I soon got her going with vet sorting her teeth and changing her diet to put weight on slowly but surely. After meeting her on August 26th I bought her on December 1st and we haven’t looked back. I have some serious physical and mental disabilities and she helps me so very much. I wouldn’t be alive without her I can tell you that! If you’d like to follow our story at all then you’re very welcome to, I’m sure we will be asking for lots of help throughout our journey and adventures together!
We have just started doing fun rides and I’ve recently booked my first ever clinic with her. I am so excited! She is the perfect horse who I can ride out alone with with no fuss, on fun rides in just a snaffle and she isn’t strong or sharp with me. I don’t know how I found her or deserve her but I am so thankful every day of my life.
Meet Coco - www.facebook.com/TheBigIrishGrey
Thank you for reading my first post, with love, Caroline and Coco xxx
First picture is BEFORE in 2018 on December 1st the first day I bought her and the second and third sets are from Eaton Mascott fun ride and Bissellwood Estate fun ride this year.

Attachments

• 13A74FFE-02EB-42D2-A784-C231188ADA6E.jpeg
    13A74FFE-02EB-42D2-A784-C231188ADA6E.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CB54479E-2D3B-465D-8A48-47D6EB28817E.jpeg
    CB54479E-2D3B-465D-8A48-47D6EB28817E.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 75
  • C771A874-E0B2-427B-89BB-34A1FCB2755C.jpeg
    C771A874-E0B2-427B-89BB-34A1FCB2755C.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 1F8484B8-708C-490E-BDF8-0264641AF769.jpeg
    1F8484B8-708C-490E-BDF8-0264641AF769.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 89A1E316-FE17-45C2-A6AE-25F5675D9FFC.jpeg
    89A1E316-FE17-45C2-A6AE-25F5675D9FFC.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 73

Mule

Visit site
Hello and very pleased to meet you all, I thought I’d create an account to join in rather than being just a viewer. I have been disabled for a very long time (since age 17, now 31) and bedbound for around the last 10 years. I decided to see if I could ride again last year and at the riding centre (where I found I could!) I met my dream horse, Coco! A 16.2 11 year old grey Irish draught mare... my dream horse in every way! After a few weeks I was really loving riding her but was so sad to think of her being with anyone else... I asked if I could buy her and funny enough my Mum said they had already asked the week before if I would like to loan her which Mum was going to sort as surprise for me but I asked them if I could buy her and they said yes! She was mine!
She was a little worse for ware having been given to the school by her owner who had lost her confidence with her but then so was I! Everyone always said and still says how perfect we are for one another which I love. I soon got her going with vet sorting her teeth and changing her diet to put weight on slowly but surely. After meeting her on August 26th I bought her on December 1st and we haven’t looked back. I have some serious physical and mental disabilities and she helps me so very much. I wouldn’t be alive without her I can tell you that! If you’d like to follow our story at all then you’re very welcome to, I’m sure we will be asking for lots of help throughout our journey and adventures together!
We have just started doing fun rides and I’ve recently booked my first ever clinic with her. I am so excited! She is the perfect horse who I can ride out alone with with no fuss, on fun rides in just a snaffle and she isn’t strong or sharp with me. I don’t know how I found her or deserve her but I am so thankful every day of my life.
First picture is BEFORE in 2018 on December 1st the first day I bought her and the second and third sets are from Eaton Mascott fun ride and Bissellwood Estate fun ride this year.
Welcome to the forum :) Coco looks fantastic. The before and after is very impressive.

TheBigIrishGrey

www.facebook.com
Thank you so very much for all of your lovely comments that’s so very kind of you. This weekend we are doing our first clinic away from home. Only an hour but that’s another huge step for us. We’ve done two fun rides so far, the first one on my own because let’s just say some people are not very nice, the second one I found a fellow blogger just as I was leaving and that was lovely! I don’t mind riding alone or together but it was quite daunting doing my first one alone, someone was supposed to come with me to the first one, it was for my birthday but she has been extremely immature about me being friends with my farrier and his girlfriend, she used to go out with the farrier years ago... you can see what has happened I think! Childish.
I am just so very lucky to have such a genuine and honest horsey as I have enough problems in my life health wise and they are no worse than anyone else’s but I am not great at coping at all but since I’ve had her I’ve been leaving my bed 3 times a week to go and ride and see her, sometimes not riding just going to see her and it’s been such therapy. I don’t really talk to anyone on my yard but I could tell my horse anything, mum too, she’s a superstar of course. She is terrified of horses after a nasty accident during a mandatory riding lesson in PE (why did we never have those?!) but she walks Coco for me, holds her and stirrup to help me on, helps tack and untack, helps feed her etc. She’s getting so good. If it was any other horse she couldn’t stand close to them but she’s doing so very well with coco and she calls her Grandmare and Grandma hehe!!! It’s so cute! I am just a different person with Coco, I am not good at anything in my life but I feel good at loving my horse.
Thank you so much for making me feel welcome here. I hope to get to know some of you and perhaps even meet up in future xxx Caroline and Coco

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Sometimes an animal comes into our lives that needs to be saved and in saving that animal you also save yourself, I have experience of this although mine was a dog named Spot, and I recognise this with you and Coco. She looks so relaxed with you that she must have known straight away that you were meant to be together. Even though I have lost my saviour now, I still have the strength she gave me and every day I try to be a "little bit more Spot". 🐾😍😇

Lotte45

New User
Visit site
What a lovely story. Her transformation is amazing x

TheBigIrishGrey

www.facebook.com
Sometimes an animal comes into our lives that needs to be saved and in saving that animal you also save yourself, I have experience of this although mine was a dog named Spot, and I recognise this with you and Coco. She looks so relaxed with you that she must have known straight away that you were meant to be together. Even though I have lost my saviour now, I still have the strength she gave me and every day I try to be a "little bit more Spot". 🐾😍😇
I’m so sorry that Spot is no longer with you :-( I know what you mean exactly. Coco is a flea bitten grey so I will definitely try to be more Spot! Xxx