Cold Feet

welshiewhiskers

Visit site
I want to buy a pair of boots which keep your feet really really warm!
has anyone tried either the mountain horse ice rider or rimfrost???

OR

Ariat Glacier or Artic?
and what do you think?

or if you have any good alternative

any help much appreciated
grin.gif

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I went and tried a lot of long winter boots on a month or so ago and in the end settled for the ariat glacier tall.

I tried both the mountain horse and the ariat tall boots (grasmere and glacier talls in the ariat... rimfrost and the ice rider in the MH).

I didnt find the mountain horse boots as comfortable. They fit nicely for sure but they didnt *feel* as nice as the ariat boots. While im sure they are good, they felt cold and stiff to first wear and the material was no where near as nice as the material used in the ariats. The leg material on the ariats is very soft leather and they are padded inside which doesnt make them feel cold or stiff when you first put them on. Aside from this i loved the look of the ariats over the MH.

In the ariats.. I tried on both the grasmere and the glacier tall boots - the grasmere being the slightly more expensive ones. However, I didnt like the fact that the grasmere only came in brown (and i thought the black to be more flattering on riding calves!) I didnt try the arctic because I didnt like the look of them. They were slightly too welly looking for me and that put me off.

Anyway! As i said, I bought the glacier tall and im really pleased with them. I suffer from chilbaines on my feet which get really painful and so far, Ive had no issues at all - even when wearing one thin pair of socks (Im usually upto a few pairs by now). I also get loads of comments on how they look which always makes me feel fab too
laugh.gif

threeponies

Visit site
I've just bought Dublin Deluxe Wellies with the neoprene lining and they are very warm, have kept my leaky Hunters for the summer as the Dublin ones will be too warm!

pottamus

Visit site
I have the MH boots and they are great! I have the smarter all leather ones and only need one pair of thin socks even in the winter.

0ldmare

Visit site
Equitector are fantastic boots, but make sure you get the ones with climate control. They have transformed my winter riding from an utter misery of feet that are numb with cold to being toasty warm. They are very comfortable too. Cannot recommend too highly (and no I dont have anything to do with the company!)