Colic again tonight :(

_jetset_

Visit site
I went down to the yard tonight and Hannah was absolutely fine... but by the time I had put my bed down and walked up to get her in she was lay down in the field and had been pawing for a while.

I walked her around and she pooed, but then as soon as she got back in her stable she started pawing again. From past experience I phoned the vet (she can get it in spasms which have 10 minutes apart) and he came down and said it was spasmodic colic and gave her a buscopan (sp??) I have just left her going to sleep at the back of her stable, bottom lip hanging, and nice and relaxed.

YO is going to check on her in a while to double check she is still ok, but I think this was quite a small bout of it compared to some of the others. I think the cause was too much grass (especially as the rain has made it more succulent today) so I am just going to monitor her turnout a little more carefully when it is so rich.

Fingers crossed she is ok - poor little girl!

P.S. Vet said she was very big for her stage of pregnancy... I think the grass could be adding to that too!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
aw - hope she is alright and will be better soon
frown.gif

S_N

Visit site
Vet said the same about B last year, when he came to palp her and Hector kicked him
grin.gif
Do you have some Coligone? It is awesome stuff - even H likes it
cool.gif

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Poor girlie.

Finni gets exactly this type of thing and I only manage to control it by restricting his grazing. He goes out for 3-4hours in morning and hour in evening. Less if the grass in full growth i.e. Spring and autumn and when they first move in to a new field.

Has worked well this year and he has had only 2 slight bouts of colic compared to 3 very bad ones last year.