Colic AGAIN!

Taboo1968

Visit site
Well we've had 5 weeks without an attack and then tonight I get to yard and ginger is doing his dying TB act, flat out on floor, saying that he couldn;t possibly move! Got him up just by telling him too!!! Straight onto lunge rein and taken into school and lunged his socks off..... luckily he only ever has gassy colic so all the needs to do is pass wind and he is fine!

However I have started using Coligone in his feed daily and tonight he was given the syringe of Coligone and within half an hour everything had relaxed and he was as right as rain...... Really fab stuff if you have a horse that gets gassy tummy's!!

Nailed

Visit site
coligon is good stuff...
Glad to see the old method of lunging is still moved.. i suggest this to someone about a month ago and they look at me like i was evil!
Hope you little TB is feeling better!
Lou x

Daffers

Visit site
I couldn't agree more, excellent stuff. Been using it over past 12 months with mare who suffers from some sort of colic, within half hour, after passin wind very loudly she was upright eating hay like nothing had happened!!!!!!!!!!
grin.gif

Taboo1968

Visit site
Snap, exactly the same, half an hour later, passed wind loudly, and then tucked into huge pile of hay.....

Brilliant stuff, would highly recommend it to anyone who has a colicy horse...... Just need to order some more syringes now! (have a bottle of liquid on standby!)

Taboo1968

Visit site
You must have been having psychic talks with him Dougie! Glad the coligone worked though, saved a vets bill again! If he carries it on, I have told him that he will be winging his way to live with you!!!

Daffers

Visit site
Have 2 bottles, 1 on the yard and 1 in lorry, plus 2 syringes, 1 i carry in saddle bag on all hacks as has been known to throw a wobbly while on the road...not fun!!

Nailed

Visit site
i think it is 'h's mum' you need to speak to.. she invented it and is probably the best person to speak to about it!

It is great stuff, super_kat used to have a gallon bottle of it with a pump head with pumped out doses of 50ml! perfect!
Not had to use it myself as Ted not had a belly ache since i had him *fingers crossed* it will stay that way.

Lou x