Coligone/Bicarbonate of Soda?

3OldPonies

Visit site
Hoping for some advice/experiences here.

My old NFxWelsh is having a few tummy troubles. He has low grade cushings and EMS and is now starting to have problems with gassy colic when he gets stressed. We recently had to move suddenly to a new field and he promptly got all bloated and gassy, after lots of walking around it all went and he's back to his normal self. We'll be moving back to our 'proper' home in the next couple of weeks and I wanted to try to prevent a re-occurence. I was thinking of getting him some Coligone, but I saw someone else suggest bi-carbonate of soda as an alternative. If anyone has any ideas or experiences that they can share I'd be interested to hear them.

3OldPonies

Visit site
Thanks Frozen Hoof Boots. I'll look that up. I was wondering about how much use the bicarb would actually be, was thinking that it wouldn't survive past the stomach.

fuzzle

Visit site
I saw the the forum that fennel seeds which you can buy from the super market is very good for getting rid gassy tummys, i have also read that boiled cabbage water which you put in there feed is good for there tummys xx