Collecting a sample - help!

Sprout

www.horse-riding-world.com
I have to collect a wee sample from one of my dogs, but everytime I try to slip a little container under to catch the wee, she stops and looks at me with absolute horror.

She is a very ladylike, well mannered young lady, and obviously thinks I am being VERY RUDE!
blush.gif

Any suggestions?
grin.gif

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Get an old saucepan or one of those plastic plastic containers you get Chinese takeaway in, a larger volume item, then decant into sample tube.

If she is reluctant to wee in front of you, get loads of water in her (is there a river or lake you can take her to where she will drink loads) and wait until she is bursting.

CAYLA

Visit site
Ditto cavey...........put her on a lead, u will be following her forever and a day if u try when she is not on a lead and u wont be quick enough, dont look at her turn your back and keep the corner of your eye on her
grin.gif
and bend down very slowly and sly your container under her............if she squats low u will need a shallow dish, u dont need loads so get what u can
smile.gif

Do it on her first let out of the day, so she is basically desperate, also first samples are best.

Sprout

Thank you so much for your advice - I did have a go earlier, with the most shallow thing I could find in my cupboards, but she has really big trousers and a big fluffy tail, and so she felt it moving her fluff as I was trying to slip in under her unnoticed .... she stopped weeing, crossed her legs and shuffled off looking disgusted and blushing!
blush.gif

Think of me at 6am tomorrow .... I hope the new neighbours dont happen to glance out of their windows ....
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Sprout

Thanks everyone for your advice - well, with the help of my daughter, we managed to collect a dribble before the poor dog sat blushing, with her legs crossed and refused to do any more.
I went to my vets this morning and in front of a full waiting room I said "PLEASE tell me this little dribble is enough - its taken TWO days to get it!"
blush.gif

So, now just got to wait for results, and hope they dont ask for a second sample!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
SUCCESS!!!!!

I am quite lucky to have a boydog, he goes everywhere, anywhere, producing copious amounts each time
tongue.gif

Our old female was so pernickity, you couldn't even LOOK at her....