Collie in for x rays Monday

sam-b

Visit site
I noticed one of my collie's looked unlevel a little while ago. Not lame, but not right. Took her to the vets Thursday night, who agreed with me. Also when flexing her foot underneath her she was slow to put the right hind back. So x rays it is on Monday. I'm worried although hoping the fact she isn't massively lame is a good sign. She is 5 next time. Not really sure why I'm posting this other than I'm stressing about what may be wrong with her. The vet also said I should have a job in gait analysis. Sadly I think it's years of looking at lame horses.. you get an eye for it!

Bellasophia

Visit site
Good luck .
tHis happens to one of my st.poodle girls some years ago..she woke up and was limping on her hind leg,knuckling under and slow recovery position.(very dramatic)..vet said we would go straight to a cat scan...Since my dog had no prior history at all ,I was sure she'd simply got herself into a bad position at the foot of my bed (against the foot board)and had a trapped nerve..so I opted to wait for a few days with enforced rest and antiinflammatories...and she came back to normal within the four days .We did do an x Ray,which the vet said would be a waste of my money as it was not refined enough to show any trapped nerves..
Has your collie had any trauma,or pulled a muscle etc? Perhaps rest and anti inflams would also help if it's a similar one off ...just a thought.

sam-b

Visit site
Had her checked by a physio but he can't treat until the vets agree which they won't until they x rays but he felt she wasn't right in her groin area. Thing is she isn't lame as such (unless lame on all 4!) Most people would never know she isn't right, just that I know my dog :(

Bellasophia

Visit site
In this case I'd suggest rest and buffered aspirin and see if it improves..if not get the x Ray done so you can see the physio for treatment.