Colour - HELP!!!

Name

• Total voters

KJJ

Visit site
OK... so I am going to buy some gaitors.... now... my dilemma.... WHICH COLOUR!!!

I have decided on either these style
(Tredstep Deluxe Half Chap £79.99)
CHHADEL.jpg

Or these...
(Tredstep Pro Gaiter £89.99)
CHHAGG.jpg

Or these...
(Tredstep Galway Gaiter £89.99)
CHHAGAL.jpg

OK so which do you like??

And what color??

All Jags tack is black...

However most of my horse attire is brown/beige/mustard colors.. however have green and blues too!!!!

HELP ME ... what do you think?? Opinions please!!
grin.gif

TGM

Visit site
Black would be more versatile because if you ever decide to compete then they will be the correct colour. Both the Pro Gaiter and the Galway Gaiter look nice!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are the treadstep steel toed?

[/ QUOTE ]I don't think so....
[ QUOTE ]
if not equitec do steel toed ones
M x

[/ QUOTE ]I looked at those but thought they looked a bit 'cheap'

prod-1646.jpg

What do you think?

Also I'm thinking I may have to have tredstep boots to go with the gaiters?? So they fit properly??

Thing is... My confession... I bought the deluxe half chaps and matching jod boots in brown
JBOOCON.jpg
but the boots give me blisters and there is no way on earth that I can get the gaitors done up myself.... the women in the shop insisted that I needed at 15/16 size when actually I need a 17/15.. she claimed they would 'slouch' and fit... I mean 2inches difference in the calf width is ridiculous.. BUT she did get them on me and they did look nice.. HOWEVER am selling those brand new to my friend!! LOL!!

So now to find some nice tredstep boots me thinks.
crazy.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Black would be more versatile because if you ever decide to compete then they will be the correct colour. Both the Pro Gaiter and the Galway Gaiter look nice!

[/ QUOTE ]Hehe TGM... me competing??
shocked.gif
LOL!!

However I am a 'black' girl myself (not how that sounds!!) hmmmm the Pro Gaiters seem popular!!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think the Pro Gaiter look the smartest, and I would always go for Black myself!

[/ QUOTE ]Thankies... I am a 'black' fan myself... hmmm...

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have the half chaps in brown and I LOVE them - they were VERY hard to put on at first but now a year on they are a doddle!

[/ QUOTE ]Well the ones I bought (brown half chaps) are impossible to get on!! NO WAY can you do them by yourself!!

The women managed to squeeze a size 2inches 2 small for my calfs onto me and sell them to me!?? (WHAT was I thinking) anywho am selling them to much considerably slimmer friend and want some more... but am wanting black me thinks... just not sure which style as the half chaps are a little on the casual side me thinks?!?
confused.gif
hmmmm

Marquire

Visit site
I have the Galway gaiter and laced Tredstep boots in black and I LOVE THEM. They look just like field boots when you have them on and I have shown, done BD and everything else in mine.

One word of advice- DON'T buy them too long. The woman in the shop made me buy 18" length ones as she said they'd drop an inch with wear. I wore them over a dozen time, they were agony and I had huge bruises and rubs behind my knees before I gave up and bought ones an inch shorter. They were bliss from day one and haven't drop at all in over a year of wear.

Marie

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I like the Pro Gaitors - I'd have the brown as they'd go with more of your stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]Eeeekkkk was thinking black.... always think black is smarter (MO!!)

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have the Galway gaiter and laced Tredstep boots in black and I LOVE THEM. They look just like field boots when you have them on and I have shown, done BD and everything else in mine.

[/ QUOTE ]Ohhh not sure on laced boots?!?

TS01DP2.jpg

Are yours like this? and their comfy?

[ QUOTE ]
Sport%20Horse%20Front%20Zip%20Boottsshfbrn.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]Thinking these are quite nice too...
[ QUOTE ]
One word of advice- DON'T buy them too long. The woman in the shop made me buy 18" length ones as she said they'd drop an inch with wear. I wore them over a dozen time, they were agony and I had huge bruises and rubs behind my knees before I gave up and bought ones an inch shorter. They were bliss from day one and haven't drop at all in over a year of wear.

Marie

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks Marie I DID buy some that were 1inch too long and 2inches smaller round the calf than I would normally have on the advice of the STUPID shop assistant!!
mad.gif

When I finally got them on - much pushing and prodding pulling and ouching and extra pairs of hands I could barely move as they dug in and I couldn't move my calves!!! NICE!!

Will def go with MY size me thinks...

One question - do they 'bag' around the top... my calves are 17inches.... yet I'd guess just below the knee they are around 15.5inches...

I'm worried that they might gape.... hence why I may have to go with the half chaps OR a size slightly smaller round my calf.
frown.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you are wanting them for shows then yes, too casual - I use mine at home

[/ QUOTE ]Well not for shows... but I do have some suede tredstep chaps for everyday already really... hmmm decisions!!!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I like the black ones too! I just thought as you say you're not going to competem brown is more "relaxed". Ah bugger it - get both! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO!! As if I can afford that!!!
crazy.gif

Marquire

Visit site
Yes those are the boots I have. They are very comfy and look really smart with the gaiters.

I have 16" ones and they don't gape at all. The elasticated panels help them to mold to your leg. I wouldn't buy them too small for your calf- I borrowed a pair from a friend to try before I bought mine and those were an inch smaller and by the end of 30 minutes riding I had horrific cramp in my fatter calf probably because I'd stopped the blood supply. Not pleasant.

Marie

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
KJJ laced jod boots are fab - you can really support your feet - I wear them over my Zip fronted ones any day
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Really?

I suppose laced would be more sensible for me .. as I have real difficulty finding boots that don't hurt the brige of my foot (as it is made from metal!!) so I guess I can choose with laces how tight they are!!!!!

Hmmm now I'm a size 4 in some shoes and a 5 in others.. ahhhh what to get... hmm maybe a trip to the tack shop is in order!!!
grin.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes those are the boots I have. They are very comfy and look really smart with the gaiters.

[/ QUOTE ]Right that's it - I'm off to the tack shop to try some on!!! hehe!!!
[ QUOTE ]
I have 16" ones and they don't gape at all. The elasticated panels help them to mold to your leg. I wouldn't buy them too small for your calf- I borrowed a pair from a friend to try before I bought mine and those were an inch smaller and by the end of 30 minutes riding I had horrific cramp in my fatter calf probably because I'd stopped the blood supply. Not pleasant.

Marie

[/ QUOTE ]Ahhh tis what I suspected... good that they don't gape... and your right about the cramp.. I wore the brown ones I bought and it was agony!!

Thankies
smile.gif

Greyhound

Visit site
Ah did some one have the ride away cat land yesterday
grin.gif

Kim they are all delightful I have always wanted a pair of tredstep half chaps but never got around to buying some so firstly I am slightly jealous.

I have always prefered black, however I am erring towards brown, have you got brown joddy boots? When I say brown I mean a dark chocolate colour. Black is more of a compety colour IMO.

Gh

Munchie

Visit site
I have the Pro gaitors in black - love mine!
Took a while to break in (lots of rolling around the floor in bizzare positions to get them on) but are fab now.
grin.gif
Wear mine with a pair of Ariat boots.

Gingernags

Visit site
I've got the galway gaiters in black and they are great. I was told gaiters and jod boots would look better if you have big calves as full length leather boots tend to be too baggy round the ankle in bigger calf sizes and therefore don't look nice at all.

The gaiters are great, though a squeeze and a bit long but manageable! I've got the 17" calf size.

have to say I'd like brown now my tack is brown but can you wear brown doing dressage or should it be black?

teapot

Visit site
I would personally spend the extra £20 and get the ariat ones.

Tried the tredstep on and hated them - much prefer ariats.

Go for black though