Colour of tack for dressage....

lamanitis and cushions

• Total voters

KatB

Visit site
Was saddle searching today, and brought about a difficult descision, should I go for Black or Brown?! Use Brown at the mo for my boy, but do have a black bridle too.....so should I go for Black dressage saddle, or BRown?! What do people consider correct for dressage...??

CastleMouse

Visit site
Black is more correct for dressage, but for lower levels you'll get away with a brown saddle
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
Black is fashionable, but either is correct. I don't know if you intend to show him, but if you do, you will need brown tack......

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Either is correct, though I am old fashioned and prefer brown. If you are buying secondhand then sod the colour it is what fits the horse and your budget. If buying new I aways opt for brown.

kerrylou123

Visit site
i used black and brown?!
I have a black mare, who would obviously look a bit silly in brown, so she has a black dressage saddle, and bridle, and a bay boy, who has brown tack!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I use & prefer brown but it is far easier to get black as there is so much of it about. I would imagine that around 90% of second hand dressage saddles for sale are black