Coloured Horse - ridden class

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
Am taking the plunge and entering my youngster in the ridden coloured horse class at our local riding club show (fairly low key, members only day).

I am not a showing person, know absolutely nothing about it. Have only watched the odd class when at local agricultural shows and it just conjures up horrendous images of large-chested tweedy woman in shirt and tie on equally overweight horses!!!!
tongue.gif

Anyway, that aside (it was a joke!
grin.gif
), can anyone advise me as to what I'm meant to do for this class?

ExRacers

Visit site
Yep! You will all go round together initially in walk, trot & canter on both reins. The pulled into preliminary line up and either do an individual show each - short & sweet figure of 8 - or judge may ride them. Then usually strip them & trot up in hand before final placings.

You'll be fine - enjoy!!??

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Think ExRacers has got it just about right, but just go with the flow and follow everyone else, that what I did (of course this doesn't work if you are pulled in first) but the judges are usually very kind and will give you guidence.

Good luck!!

mandy4727

Visit site
As the others have said. But for your individual show. Walk away from the judge, turn round and trot back. Figure of 8 and extend the trot (if you horse will but it doesn't matter) acrross the diaganal. Then canter a figure of 8 (make sure you use all the field area but don't go behind the other horses who are lining up) but when you get to the last part of the eight extend your canter along a long side (not going towards the gateway as I have found out!!!). Back to canter, trot and walk quite quickly. Walk back to the judge. Stop in front of them. Halt and salute and then get back in line with the others.