Coloured Shirts For Dressage?

acorn92x

Visit site
For unaffiliated dressage, I'd like to wear my pastel blue shirt with my green tweed jacket (I usually use this combination for showing) however I think my jacket actually looks a lot better with this than a white shirt and tie! Would I be shot down or told that my outfit was incorrect at all? I've never seen anyone do this and usually get strange looks as I wear tweed for everything, including showjumping and most people in RCs etc round here clearly prefer black or navy jackets! Any advice on coloured shirts with tweed for dressage please? :)

khalswitz

Visit site
I wear a pastel blue shirt with a tweed for BD - but it has a white stock collar, and my stock covers all the blue, so I couldn't go jacket less, but have never had an issue with it.

kc100

Visit site
As long as you dont take your jacket off I dont see why not - many dressage riders wear pink shirts under their dark jackets (but these often have the white stock collar so you cant tell).

BD rules state that tweed is acceptable providing the pattern on the tweed is not too garish (i.e. not colourful, as plain as possible). And shirts must be worn in a plain colour, either with a tie or a stock. You might have issues in the summer if you wanted to take the jacket off and compete in just the shirt alone but under a jacket you are within the rules so nothing to worry about.

Have fun!

kc100

Visit site
As long as you dont take your jacket off I dont see why not - many dressage riders wear pink shirts under their dark jackets (but these often have the white stock collar so you cant tell).

BD rules state that tweed is acceptable providing the pattern on the tweed is not too garish (i.e. not colourful, as plain as possible). And shirts must be worn in a plain colour, either with a tie or a stock. You might have issues in the summer if you wanted to take the jacket off and compete in just the shirt alone but under a jacket you are within the rules so nothing to worry about.

Have fun!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
it doesnt specify that shirts must be white, or stocks, or ties..... only that american collars must be white-or this is how it reads in the rulebook to me, which also makes sense taking in to account *

so a pastel shirt with a stock (coloured or white), a tie(coloured or white) or just the collar(white only) is fine.

it is only specified that you must wear a stock or tie from advanced upwards.

*it says shirts must not be bright or multicoloured if riding without a jacket, so pastels again would be fine.