Colt behaviour?

SpotsandBays

Visit site
How did he get you on the arse?
I was leading him around the field initially and he just jumped forward and threw his back legs out. I don't know if it was intentional or just couldn't contain himself. But once let off he ran around for 2 minutes and then went to grazing. He was surprisingly easy to catch this evening and I am so shocked at how chilled out he was! He let me pick up and pick out his front feet with no fuss (other than not lifting one of his feet initially). The back I'm still a little wary of but he didn't waggle them around as much as usual. I plan to turn out during the day and keep in a night to establish a routine for him until he is gelded.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I was leading him around the field initially and he just jumped forward and threw his back legs out. I don't know if it was intentional or just couldn't contain himself. But once let off he ran around for 2 minutes and then went to grazing. He was surprisingly easy to catch this evening and I am so shocked at how chilled out he was! He let me pick up and pick out his front feet with no fuss (other than not lifting one of his feet initially). The back I'm still a little wary of but he didn't waggle them around as much as usual. I plan to turn out during the day and keep in a night to establish a routine for him until he is gelded.

I am glad your turning him out now but be careful leading him, don't let him get too in front of you and turn his head toward you it makes it harder for them to kick you! Hope your arse is not too bruised:D

LaurenBay

Visit site
Sounds to me like it was a moment of "hooray" and you were just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope you do not feel too sore!

I am sure you will see a huge difference in his behaviour now with regular turnout.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
Sounds to me like it was a moment of "hooray" and you were just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hope you do not feel too sore!

I am sure you will see a huge difference in his behaviour now with regular turnout.
Yep! Took my eye off the ball for a second and wham haha. Didn’t hurt at the time, although my tailbone this morning is abit ow. He’s already so much calmer. Walked him out today not a problem!