Combined training today

jenbleep

Visit site
Ok so today I went and did our first combined training event. I only went into the prelim 1/2ft 3 class, because although she is working well at home I tend to get anxious at competitions (we both do!
tongue.gif
) and I wanted to keep it fun and easy.

So I went out last night, and had to get up this morning just after 6am
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
because my time was 9.08. Got to the yard, got her in, breakfast, plaits - the usual drill - and J (her owner) is like "So all your stuff is in the car/trailer?" "Yes" "Are you sure?" "Yes"
smirk.gif
smirk.gif

Got to the show and we were the first there - the organisers weren't even there yet
shocked.gif
blush.gif
But like I said I had an early time and we got there about 8.15ish. Started to get ready at about half 8, then realised - I forgot my boots!
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
So slightly stressed
crazy.gif
I had to get my time changed for a later time, and J went back to fetch my boots, bless her!

Warmed up nicely, but I just cannot get the right canter lead at the moment
frown.gif
frown.gif
I don't know what is going wrong, I am going to bring it up at my next flatwork lesson in two weeks.

So went into the dressage - C is never seen white dressage boards before
blush.gif
blush.gif
so we was quite spooky and tense but managed to hold it together, apart from one big spook towards the centre of the school
shocked.gif
She actually felt quite rushed, and normally I worry that she is too lazy
smirk.gif
so that was a surprise! If I am completely honest I wasn't even concentrating on where the blimming markers were
crazy.gif
but she pick up right canter on the correct leg
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
but then went disunited
frown.gif
frown.gif
so got a 5 for that
blush.gif
but got quite a few 7's which was very surprising. Got the sheet back later and got 127/190, which is about 64%?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
But I am a bit confused - the woman wrote 127 in the total box, then 127 in the total marks deducted box?! I did not get the test wrong, and I didn't think our canter was that offensive
tongue.gif
wink.gif
so does that mean I got "nil points!"

confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Then the sj. Now, our last two outings for sj were indoors and they didn't go all that well, so I was quite nervous to say the least
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
but I am trying so hard to be positive because honestly I am getting sick and tired of my moaning!
grin.gif
grin.gif
So I went in all guns blazing, not really knowing where I was going
blush.gif
which was silly of me because the course was quite windy and there were 12 jumps.
crazy.gif

Refused one set of planks
mad.gif
so she got a smack and jumped it well afterwards. I felt a little out of control
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
and felt that I got speed mixed up with impulsion
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
but she cleared the rest of the course - even some mighty scary planks - until I jumped 10 and had no idea where I was going
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
got totally lost, forgot to jump one jump and got eliminated
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

To be honest though I am not that bothered, at the end of the day it wasn't anything to do with how she was jumping, my my stupid mistake!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Anyway so I decided to do the 2ft6
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
as pure sj. Her canter in the warm up was so so much better - she was really coiled and springing instead of long and flat which is what she prefers
smirk.gif
So I was happy with that.

Took her in the ring and remembered what J had told me - that I need to connect her more and not just point, kick and go full pelt to every jump
blush.gif
blush.gif
I was aiming for a more tidy round.

So we set off and she was just so so good
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif
she was actually listening to me, coming back when asked and when we got to those nasty planks I gave her a smack and even if she did get in quite deep she flew them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
However the next jump after that one was coming down on a hill and we did get a little long and had the next one down, which is a shame because she normally doesn't touch anything
frown.gif
but never mind.

Canter at times was still unbalanced
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
wrong leg/disunited - *so if anyone has any ideas or comments on how to help me combat this, it would be really appreciated*
laugh.gif
wink.gif

So even if I didn't get placed, and had a confusing test sheet
crazy.gif
I am so soooo pleased with her, and I am actually quite chuffed with myself.
grin.gif
grin.gif
When I went into the 2ft 6 I could feel that nervousness in the pit of my stomach but I got a grip, and told myself not to be so stupid and be positive
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
and I think it worked
cool.gif
I'm not scared if the height
blush.gif
tongue.gif
I just worry what people think of my riding. Silly me
smile.gif

I have videos of both sj rounds, so I will post them when I have the lead for my camera (it's borrowed!)

Ice cream to anyone who gets this far.....
smirk.gif
smirk.gif
thanks for reading
cool.gif
cool.gif

Bleep x

_April_

Visit site
Sounds good - nerves are v. hard to overcome (as I very well know) but sounds like you are both getting there
grin.gif

Well done on going back in for the SJ - sounds like a brilliant round and your DR percentage is great!!

jenbleep

Visit site
I am getting to grips with my nerves L - they are so annoying because I know we can do it but I just lose my head
mad.gif
so I think today was a definite improvement lol

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done! And i must say i've never seen so many smileys in one post before, a new PB maybe?
tongue.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I was thinking that - someone who uses more smileys than me
grin.gif

Well done, I was on the edge of my seat as I read through the report, sounds like you had a great time
smile.gif

UncleJr

Visit site
Well done!!
cool.gif
cool.gif
Sounds like you had a great day!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
...then realised - I forgot my boots!

[/ QUOTE ] You're not the only one!
grin.gif
crazy.gif
I always have spare boots in my car now...
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and had no idea where I was going
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
got totally lost, forgot to jump one jump and got eliminated
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ] You're not alone in this one either!
grin.gif
crazy.gif
I do that all the time!!
blush.gif
blush.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And thanks for the ice cream!
smile.gif