Combo cooler and stable rug?

Alibear

Visit site
Hi, sorry to start another rug thread but search is brining up old posts and those rugs don't seem to be available any more.
During the week I can only ride afterwork and my horse isn't clipped, she just gets a little damp on her neck and chest.
Some people have posted in the past about combination coolers/stable rugs that you could put on a sweaty horse and leave?
Are they still avliable and if so can anyone point me in their direction? I had a look at horsewear last night but didn't find any.
I'm off to YHL on Sunday so figure I might find one there if I knew what to look for.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I know thermatex do one, but they're pretty pricy from what I remember. With mine I just tend to pop a fleece and/or cotton sheet on and then a normal stable rug over the top (of course adjusting weight of rug to take the extra layer(s) into account!) They always seem to be fine with this.

Alibear

Visit site
I did think about that but as she's only in the thinnest stable rug I could find I didn't want to add another layer.
Maybe I just need a waffle cooler with a non stick outer?
The fleece coolers seem to absorb the moisture out the coat but then they stay damp for ages which can't be nice for overnight.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I use my Back on Track mesh rugs for this. They aren't really designed as coolers, but in practice they do wick away moisture very well, and I find them just the right weight to leave overnight on an unclipped horse. I get mine from Urban Horse, who I believe do exhibit at YHL (or at least they have done in the past).

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
I did think about that but as she's only in the thinnest stable rug I could find I didn't want to add another layer.
Maybe I just need a waffle cooler with a non stick outer?
The fleece coolers seem to absorb the moisture out the coat but then they stay damp for ages which can't be nice for overnight.

In that case, using the cooler by itself should be fine! Premier Equine do a waffle cooler that is smooth which could work? I use mine for travelling. I think they also do a cotton type one, though I've not seen that in the flesh myself. I think horseware also do coolers with a polyester outers (I think they call them jersey coolers?) which are probably warmer than a cotton sheet, and would work more like a fleece (but dry quicker). I had one for my old horse which I really liked.

tda

Visit site
I bought a Le Meiux cooler but it's a bit warm for my dales to cool down in �� I might use that as a stable rug