COME ON PEOPLE - Sign Fairynuffs Petition -If You Give a Stuff about Animals!!!!

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
I am prepared to be immensely irritating and tenacious ( no difference there, then :p)with Fairynuffs thread and will continue to bump her post and mine until we have over a hundred signatures. We can do it!

megwan1

Visit site
has it occured to you that sum people may not want to sign it

i dont mean to sound rude but i wont sign it as there is already enough legislation in my opinion to protect the welfare of the livestock. Also i dont think the industry which feeds the country needs anymore barriers or hinderence.

x

Spudlet

Visit site
So you would be happy to transport one of your horses in a compartment that is 70cm wide for 24 hours, with no rest, food or water, would you?

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site

i dont mean to sound rude but i wont sign it as there is already enough legislation in my opinion to protect the welfare of the livestock. Also i dont think the industry which feeds the country needs anymore barriers or hinderence.

x

Oh, its occurred to me. If you don't want to sign, don't push the button.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com

x

There can never be enough legislation to protect the welfare of livestock, any farmer worth his salt would think the same thing.

megwan1

Visit site
i havent signed and am just kindly saying that not everyone on the forum wants to be told that we dont care about animals if we dont sign
:)
thanks
x

megwan1

Visit site
i just watched the "europe says no" video and to be honest when they showed the lorry they had water and were no more cramped than standard lorries and some of the pictures showed some hay.
anyway i dont want to argue with anyone as we are all entitled to our opinion and i have mine and you have yours!
Cheers then x

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
i just watched the "europe says no" video and to be honest when they showed the lorry they had water and were no more cramped than standard lorries and some of the pictures showed some hay.
anyway i dont want to argue with anyone as we are all entitled to our opinion and i have mine and you have yours!
Cheers then x

I don't feel responsible for things I didn't vote for.
Byron Dorg

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
There can never be enough legislation to protect the welfare of livestock, any farmer worth his salt would think the same thing.

I have signed the petition, but in some ways, a little bit have to agree with megwan1.
It's not red tape we need, I mean, the basic transport licences have been given out by DEFRA left right and centre, all you had to do is write to them... it doesn't improve welfare of livestock one little bit.
What would really improve welfare, transport and general conditions would be if abattoirs, supermarkets, dairies etc paid for meat/produce more than it actually costs to raise/produce it.

mon

Visit site
agree martlin we need more abatoirs just think how many have closed in last 20 years and people to treat animals better world wide which wont be cured by legistration

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I completely agree about the abatoires and if I had my way there would be many more for horses too.

I have a lot of sympathy for farmers in general and would agree that they feed the nation, which is one of the reasons I refuse to buy meat from a supermarket. But the fact that there are numerous abatoirs in for instance, France does not prevent animals suffering horrendous journey times across France.

I cannot get out of my mind a video of sheep and goats, some of whom had travelled from the UK, waiting to board a ship from Spain or somewhere, to the Middle East, half of them were dead from dehydration and hunger and those still alive were just waiting to die. It was truly appalling:(

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Ironically, what stopped the ridiculous shifting sheep from north to south and back in this country, was the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak... before that, even though there were enough abattoirs to serve all, the trade was really stupid, with cull ewes coming for example from Cumbria to a market in the south, just to be sold and shipped to slaughter in Scotland.

mon

Visit site
many species get moved around always remember a large breed dog breeder who lost alot in a hot van few years ago, dont know why they were being travelled, the pet birds suffer just because people want pets -not in uk now- rules are one thing policing them another, after all immigrants travel in backs of refridgerated lorries and suffer often unfound at ports.

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
C. S. Lewis

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
Firstly, many thanks to all the folks that have taken the time to sign the petition. You are wonderful! Secondly, I know I said last night that I would continue to be a pain in the derriere until we had 100 signatures on Fairynuffs thread but I'm tempted to prolong your agony just that bit longer until we hit the 200 mark.:D My apologies in advance.:p