Comfitec bridle Vs Micklem

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
I currently have a micklem but came across the Comfitec in a shop today and it seems much nicer leather and design.

is it a waste to buy it or are they effectively the same thing?

Fiona

Visit site
It depends on why you and your horse like a Micklem.

If its because your horse likes the Micklem because it keeps the bit very still in his mouth, then don't bother. The comfitec still has normal cheekpieces like any bridle.

If you use a micklem because your horses likes the noseband, then I suppose a comfitec would be worth a try.

Fiona

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
I notice that after he’s worked he itches his nose/face so I was wondering if he’s not entirely comfortable.
This is just my opinion.. I can’t say he goes any better in it than he does in a grackle etc.

pansymouse

Visit site
I notice that after he’s worked he itches his nose/face so I was wondering if he’s not entirely comfortable.
This is just my opinion.. I can’t say he goes any better in it than he does in a grackle etc.

My mare did the rubbing her nose on her leg thing. I was able to reduce the frequency was to ditching any noseband that was tight in the nose /mouth area (flash, grackle, drop etc.) but the thing that really work was getting rid of the bit. I have been successfully using an English hackamore for a couple of years - she never wipes her face on her leg now. I have vast collection of bits which I tried to try and get round the problem; the best was a Bomber tongue relief one but she still wasn't as happy as she is bitless.