Comfort bridle day 2

4whitesocks

Visit site
arrvied at yard to discover Neddie with saucer sized lump on his neck from his flu vac yesterday....very sensitive around it and altogether in a bad mood....decided to lunge before I rode in case he was going to have an epi on me but turns out he's a much a drama queen as his Mum and was fine...5 of us went for a little school around the xcountry course, me very conscious that he wasn't to get sweated up so while the other 3 warmed up in canter (or gallop in the case of the ex-racehorse with no brakes) myself & YO calmly trotted around (her steed is 4 and just clipped so very full of beans)....he was really light in my hands and without much asking went into a lovely shape for me. Didn't do too much jumping - and only over the pre-novice fences which are teensy (except for one big stone wall which looked a lot bigger close up!!)....our jumping was really together, lovely relaxed approach, no sticking in a sneaky stride or taking off too soon....& he really seemed to be enjoying himself (as was I!) had a couple of buckaroo moments (when we landed after a bank) but all in all I really enjoyed it (oh apart from my complete chicken sh*t moment at the roller-water-roller (see other post!)
Tomorrow is proper schooling day so fingers crossed the good stuff continues

Clodagh

Visit site
Great news, go Sid!
smile.gif