comp & bit advice report , pics :)

angelish

Visit site
hi all :D

i asked for some advice last year about NS bits and was the extra expense worth it , it was a while ago so i don't expect anyone to remember :p
i got some very good advice on the thread and also through PM's ,i did take it all on bored and decided to try a NS verdabend ( :eek: sp ) as i was having contact issues.

as you were kind enough to give me advice i thought i'd let you know how i got on, i started using it after his hols (nov) to give him a fresh start in it and it has made our life so much easier :D i wouldn't use anything else now so thank you all very much :D

now for the comp report,
it was just a little local dressage comp as our 1st outing since sept last year to get back into the swing of things and to warm up for the eventing season to finally start ;)
we entered prelim 4 and prelim 13 :eek:

since the introduction of the walk and trot tests we don't have to get up to early nowadays ;) , good job as i'm well out of practice and found i just couldn't plait anymore so finally set off with some golf ball sized bunches in.
warmed up well and went in for 1st test and all was going well untill canter was asked for and he thought i meant go flat out as fast as you can around arena :rolleyes: easy mistake to make so not to worry it was nice to have him enjoying himself, i just sat there pretending i was meant to be going that fast :D

only had 10mins to our next test so went back to warm up and did halt-canter-halt-canter-halt until some control was regained ;)
went back in and did a much better test.
we ended up 2nd in the first test on 66% and won the second test with 76% :D collecting a 9 for our canter transition :D so will be moving up to novice on our next outing
some pics (please forgive us both for looking a little well covered after xmas :eek: )

010.jpg

warming up
007-Copy.jpg

and indoors for the test
connorswarland20111.jpg

thanks for reading :D

Marquire

Visit site
Hi,

He is lovely and well done in on your scores. A great start to the season.

I was there doing the novices- my first competition with the club and first time out in 11 months.

Maybe see you at the next one if you're doing novice.

Marquire