Companion goats

Diva.no.12

New User
Visit site
I posted the other day about my mare who gets very tense and upset traveling. Loads fine, stands very relaxed all day at events but whilst driving especially on the way home frantically weaves and stomps. I've added a mirror with no luck. She was like it in a trailer and now facing backwards in a 3.5t. I've tried covering Windows, adding horse licks etc nothing is making a difference. My other horse travels very happily in the same box and I have checked floor etc.

Has anyone used a goat as a companion ?? My other horse would be too heavy and a pest to take so wanting something small and easy - thinking goat rather than Shetland/ mini pony as no laminitis risk --

FfionWinnie

Visit site
You cannot transport livestock around like you can horses. You would be under a movement restriction for 6-13 days depending on where you are (assuming you are in the UK).

FfionWinnie

Visit site
No because there are regulations about keeping them on transport as well. You would need the relevant movement licence, you would need to have a permit and pass the test for moving livestock around as well. Frankly it would be a total headache, plus what if it escaped. Plus most horses are totally evil to sheep and goats and most goats don't want to live a single life with a horse for company either!