companion turnout experiences

twilight01

Visit site
my mare has suffered some injuries over the last year and now requires a further period of rest. has anyone any experience of sending their horse out as a companion? Has it worked, or not, how easy was it to find a place, do people still look for companions and where is best to look. The alternative is to find grass livery but she hates being on her own so would then need something to keep with her, any ideas greatfully received.

Visit site
Speaking from personal experience, most people are looking for a small easy to keep companion, not something that suffers from laminitus that has to be sectioned off,or something with physical probs that need a lot of attention.
I had a New forest for 2 years that was a really good companion, now have a larger mare than I was looking for but it has worked out OK. I have had written contracts with both my loaners, and they have kept in touch There have been a lot of cases where loan horse has been sold on illegally, so you need to be very careful. Good luck in finding a nice home. Try Preloved site.

Last edited: