Companion

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
If I can't find someone to share the yard with me soon I'm considering getting a companion for Pete. He is being very good but is obviously not happy on his own. So should I get just a companion or something I can ride? Decisions...

joeanne

Visit site
Something you can ride maybe? That way if you have a friend who can ride, you will have the option of company should you want it!

Spudlet

Visit site
If you had a second horse to ride, if you are being totally honest with yourself, would you have time to ride it anyway?

If not, I would get a companion - from a charity, because that way you would be giving a horse a lovely home and helping a second horse, by freeing up space for the charity to take on another horse in desperate need of help:)

Or if you do have time, why not look for a ridden horse - from a charity of course;):D

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
Well I'd have time to ride both in the summer but not the winter. However I'm quite a nervy rider so would have to be a complete plod :D. I don't know what to do TBH.

Spudlet

Visit site
Well in that case I'd do nothing until you do know, then go for it:)

However, in your position I think I'd go for a companion, then you wouldn't have the stress of having one non-ridden horse in winter, then going through all the rigmarole of getting them fit again in summer, making sure tack still fitted etc etc...

How about a companion you could also do some in-hand showing with, or even give something like horse agility a go?:)

michaelequine

Visit site
If you had a second horse to ride, if you are being totally honest with yourself, would you have time to ride it anyway?

If not, I would get a companion - from a charity, because that way you would be giving a horse a lovely home and helping a second horse, by freeing up space for the charity to take on another horse in desperate need of help:)

Or if you do have time, why not look for a ridden horse - from a charity of course;):D

I Agree.
You'd be making a Pony/Horse very happy indeed, they all deserve a happy home.
Good Luck on the search.
Also if you got a small pony, children you no could do inhand showing :D

dawnpetenathshir

Visit site
I have been looking at charities but they are all a long way from me and seem to have a set distance that they want the horses to be within, which doesn't encompass my area. Hope that makes sense. But it's all food for thought