Company refusing to give a refund....advice please

jules9203

www.pensdellequestrian.org.uk
So the latest update - I spoke to EquiRubber on Monday and Harrison promised delivery on Wednesday, he also said that he would text me on Tuesday if he heard any different, and then ring on Wednesday morning confirming the delivery was coming. I heard nothing yesterday and at 10.30 this morning, yet again, I had to ring him. He informed me he had no idea as he was on holiday. After a brief discussion he stated his mother was dealing with it and she would be in touch in half an hour with an update. An hr later no phone call so I rang his mothers company to be told that she wasn't in all day as she was at a funeral and that actually EquiRubber was nothing to do with them. Needless to say no delivery today. So I have asked for a full refund within the next 7 days. I have also posted a less than shiny review on their FB page. Clearly EquiRubber have no concept of customer service. What amazes me is they are advertising on FB for orders in Jan being delivered by Feb/March. I wonder how they can do that???

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
So amazingly on Thursday afternoon Harrison texted us to ask for our bank details for the refund. Friday he informed us (by text) the refund would take 5 working days??? Guessing I'm starting with small claims and Trading Standards on Friday.......

Good news. Give him the five days, and then start action if it doesn’t come through.

Hepsibah

Visit site
The FB page is gone but someone posted on the Dodgy horse dealers and sellers group on January 4th asking if anyone else had had dealings with them. Seems they ordered rubber in November and been given several no show delivery dates and had been promised a refund which didn't materialise. Six days later they updated saying they and others had received a full refund.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
the refund would take 5 working days???

I can believe that it might take that long. Sometimes I've made transfers to other accounts and needed to first of all set up the beneficiary account and wait for the bank to confirm the existence of that account, taking 48 hours, and then make the transfer, taking another 48 hours.

Only Me

Visit site
I was told on the 20th December that my refund had been processed and would take up to 5 days ..... I'm still waiting!!!! Only to be told on the 13th January that they can't refund me as the rubber had been allocated to me for delivery on 24th January before 2pm. At 1.30 yesterday I had an email from them saying they had their dates "muddled up" and my delivery would now be delivered direct from their supplier first thing on Thursday morning! My small claims letter is waiting to be posted Thursday afternoon!!!

Hepsibah

Visit site
I was told on the 20th December that my refund had been processed and would take up to 5 days ..... I'm still waiting!!!! Only to be told on the 13th January that they can't refund me as the rubber had been allocated to me for delivery on 24th January before 2pm. At 1.30 yesterday I had an email from them saying they had their dates "muddled up" and my delivery would now be delivered direct from their supplier first thing on Thursday morning! My small claims letter is waiting to be posted Thursday afternoon!!!

Don't wait. Send the letter and if it happens to turn up you can refuse delivery if you wish. They've breached the terms of the contract by failing to deliver in a timely manner as agreed.

PurBee

Visit site
Okay. Well feel free to look up the definition of a chargeback.

You were scammed. You paid money for something which likely never existed or wasnt theirs to sell in the first place and the person I imagine dropped all contact with you. The bank had fair grounds to treat it as a scam and the receiving bank must have agreed, although by this point they had wiped the money out of the account anyway. I expect you weren't the only one and with multiple complaints, they had to act.

This case is not the same. It sounds like a legitimate business who are just being crap.

I only deal with these cases day in, day out, but I'm sure you're right. Bank transfers are not a safe payment method for paying for goods. They offer you far less protection and its much, much harder to get your money back.

i agree - cases where youve paid by direct bank transfer dont usually automatically refund you when you call your bank to declare youve been scammed, and for them to claw the transfer back.

Best pay by card…any card…than direct bank transfer!

We almost lost 5k for agri equipment. The police of the scammer area were alerted and UK trading standards = not helpful - they told us to report to the other! We said ‘we have, theyre not doing anything to help” - then they said ‘small claims court’ Or try your bank.
Digging online revealed the scammer had done it to many others, and they ended up winning their small claims cases.
Police and TS were notified of his several recent cases of fraud - still nothing.

The bank - Santander - were very helpful and only could confirm the account the money was paid into. They opened a fraud file Etc…but couldnt refund our money.…they said small claims.

So we started SC proceedings, and that was enough of a threat to get the scammer to refund us money he held for over 8 weeks, minus his ‘costs’…of course ?

P.s dont buy from any welsh uk agri dealer that rhymes with bowie agricultural equipment ?

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Oh wow. So EquiRubber took down their FB page and reinstated it today. It now includes a reply to my review. Apparently I've received my surface. Ummmm not that I've noticed

Given that the company is now publicly declaring things that are not true, I think that Small Claims Court is the way to go. Can you add inconvenience and hours of time taken chasing up the goods to the cost of undelivered goods? Or is SCC strictly limited to the cost of the goods?

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Given that the company is now publicly declaring things that are not true, I think that Small Claims Court is the way to go. Can you add inconvenience and hours of time taken chasing up the goods to the cost of undelivered goods? Or is SCC strictly limited to the cost of the goods?
Limited to costs of the goods plus your court costs but you can add interest on a debt .

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh heck.

Arena Mirrors, as Mirrors for Training, were very good to deal with when we had our arena mirrors put in 10 years ago. There was an issue with a wonkiness during manufacture on the mirrors and MfT came back out with peeps from Pilkington Glass to assess them, and replaced the faulty mirrors FoC.

xDundryx

Visit site
It gets even better. EquiRubber seem to "not be in" to receive the letter before court action. They have also removed their address from their contact page on the website. Apparently they are now "part of " Arena Mirrors. I've sent an email with the letter attached. Clearly this will be going to court. Deep joy :(

Oh no, why couldn't they just have refunded or delivered the surface. Sorry you have to go through this process, what low lives.