Competing twice in one week!?

rsw200

Visit site
Just wanted peoples thoughts on competing on a weds and a Saturday in the same week. The Wednesday is a local combined training and the Saturday is a BE event- doing the 90 which is well within her comfort zone. Just wanted to go out and get some course practice before the event and Wednesday is the only local thing i can find. Do you think that's ok or are they too close together. She is generally a chilled travelling but can get buzzy at shows.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I've done similar then given an easy week the week after. Certainly I've hunted Tuesday and Saturday which is more work....

star

Visit site
The other week I went XC schooling on Wednesday, boxed up for hacking on Friday, did two Advanced Mediums on Saturday and the 1m/1m05 class BSJA on Sunday. All pretty local. Horse is super fit, enjoyed his day off Monday and happily back to it on the Tuesday.

Crackerz

Visit site
As long as the horses are fit, no issue whatsoever!

Hard core showing people will often travel up and down the Country from show to show without even going home - and ponies are fit and well and perform just as well each time.

As a teen when i showjumped, i was out every weekend, sometimes twice in one weekend.

Vodkagirly

Visit site
I've done a combined training on the Saturday then an ODE on the Sunday, so I would say yes. If the horse is fit enough to event, its fit enough to do that. I would say a jumping lesson would be harder work and I wouldn't think twice about having a lesson on the same week as an event.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I doubt there are many horses owned by forum members who actually work hard and there are many many horses who could do with a lot more work. Mine included.