competing

serena2005

Visit site
not that im anywhere near competing yet, but i just want to know, where do you start?

people at my yard maining do show jumping, and dont really do much of it.

what level do you need to be at with your horse to be entering 1 day events and dressage shows, affiliating and such.

its all very much in the distance for me but i would like to know what i am trying to work towards!

thanks for any info!

Molineux

Visit site
Have you been going out to small local shows yet?
Thats a good start for you, just getting out there, do some Indoor showjumping thro the winter and some dressage.

When you get your confidence then start entering some BSJA or something, then start going for the ODE, its a big step going for the ODE and 3DE if you have not done the ground work. x

serena2005

Visit site
local shows and indoor jumping iv been doing for years.. i meant im not near going to big shows on my recent horse!!

hes 6 and hes never been to a show and is recovering after a bad injury but i want to just start taking him to local shows to get him use to the enviroment etc etc

how do you start jumping BSJA, do you need to afiliate? how do you afilate?
my friends just got this new horse she wants to taking jumping and wants to afilate, can more than one person jump the same horse in 2 different classes?

aliacc

Visit site
My understanding as our mare affiliated this year is that you can jump BSJA on a ticket ... usually entries on the day..and pay £6/class extra on top of normal entry. You get rosette but not prize money..but it may be a good way to see if you like it.
There are new types of shows with different heights and you may find some of the jumps/combinations more challenging than local shows of the same height.
To jump BSJA and get prize money /points both your horse, horses owner and rider (s) and if you are under 17 a responsible adult all have to be BSJA members.

There are some special offers currently.

I can't think of anything in the rules that says a horse cant be jumped by different people in different classes but I haven't read every word.

Ali

tigers_eye

Visit site
No I don't think that's right - I know people who've jumped their ponies in senior classes as they were too old to do ponies. Have a look at Patchett's website and find their schedules for their "Join the BSJA" days - they have classes starting at 70cm and you get a free ticket instead of it costing £6 or so. If you do decide to join you can do so at the show for half price.