Competition / happy hack / training?

Do you

• Total voters

metalmare

Visit site
Which aspect of equestrianism are you most interested in? Pure enjoyment as a hobby, competition or training either horse or rider? Seems to me almost EVERYONE I know feels the need to compete!

metalmare

Visit site
I'm a bit of happy hack / trainer. I put trainer because I could never have a horse without striving to improve both myself and my horse. But I do mean it in a very general sense that you feel the need to improve and study and work hard... not that you have mountains of knowledge!!

Rambo

Visit site
Definitely Competitor
blush.gif

UKa

community.webshots.com
I am more the happy hacker but more because somehow real life always gets in the way of getting out and do things (time, no transport, no real sense of competitiveness ...)

metalmare

Visit site
Sorry - forgot to put a box for other. Couldn't think of any more. What's yours then? You're a professional aren't you? Bugger!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry - forgot to put a box for other. Couldn't think of any more. What's yours then? You're a professional aren't you? Bugger!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww thankyou!! I'm more of an ex-pro atm!! Though I suppose my main source of income IS horses, I'm not actually dealing with loads of them everyday - certainly not like I used to!

Well I don't ride atm, so can't be a happy hacker, I have competed in-hand this year and I am training both B and Hector in hand...... what does that make me?

riotgirl

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't ride atm, so can't be a happy hacker, I have competed in-hand this year and I am training both B and Hector in hand...... what does that make me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Awkward!!!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I wouldn't be happy not competing occasionally, but I don't ride to compete I ride to enjoy. Competing is just part of that. I could never be a true 'happy hacker' either. Bit of both!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awkward!!!
tongue.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so you are now not only stalking SSM, but also me!!! But you are VERY funny, so please continue
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

miamibear

Visit site
I put happy hacker but im a bit of all 3. I hack twice a week then train my horse 4 times a week and i will compete too when i can catch a lift

In summer stubble time i will be in stubbles a good 3-4 times a week, training the other 3. Again i will compete when i can catch a lift!!

definately competitor

very seriously - i think that anything other than first is no good.....if you come second then you may aswell come last because second is first looser - stuff all the taking part crap, i want to win!!!
At the regionals i extend this to getting through to Nationls (so usually top 3 or 4 - tough i still aim to win but as long as i get through it is acceptable
At the nationals i extend it to anywhere in top 5 is good (provided around 20 or more in class).

BTW this is just what i put on myself....for others, if they are happy then i am happy for them
grin.gif

TGM

Visit site
I used to be very competitive, but getting less and less so with age, and am definitely turning into a happy hacker! Have always enjoyed training horses though and still do.

metalmare

Visit site
It isn't just my imagination then - most people are competitive! I honestly wouldn't know where to begin let alone have the time or money. I enjoy going to watch though.

riotgirl

Visit site
Oh Gawd, add Maesfenhorse into the equation and I really do have a stalker reputation! Well, I need to be amused at work and its only Pat who need worry as I live not far from her
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh Gawd, add Maesfenhorse into the equation and I really do have a stalker reputation! Well, I need to be amused at work and its only Pat who need worry as I live not far from her
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're stalking Toots!! I say old bean, that's not on ya know, she is my big sister - though I suppose you're kepping it in the family!

pottamus

Visit site
I am a big happy hacker and love it! I started endurance this year and have caught the bug...so may be venturing into a bit of competing next year...

burtie

Visit site
I really am a Happy Hacker/competitor. I love competing but love hacking as much, don't know if I could choose between the 2. If I live anywhere else but the New Forest with access to unlimited off road riding I'd definately be a Competitor!

LauraBR

Visit site
I ticked competitor as I'm a wannabe lol!

I'm happy hacker and participant in teeny local comps right now but I'm out every weekend doing some kind of SJ or dressage and I'm focused working hard to improve out and about so allowed myself to tick it hehe!
wink.gif

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If I live anywhere else but the New Forest with access to unlimited off road riding I'd definately be a Competitor!

[/ QUOTE ] I think that is part of the key for me! I was at my most competitive when the horse I had was not 100% on the roads and the hacking in the area I kept him was not brilliant either!

Now I have a horse who is a lovely hack and have access to some beautiful countryside to ride in, I'm less and less concerned about competing
grin.gif