Competition horse insurance

humblepie

Visit site
I know it has been asked many times before but what comments or recommendations do people have? Am with KBIS and have been for a long time and will probably stay with them but other thoughts. NFU not suitable as I see their veteran policy kicks in at 16. May consider SEIB as they sponsor all the racehorse classes. Some interesting changes to the KBIS policies for 2010 if anyone insurances with them including that horse has to be insured for market value (must admit thought they always were supposed to be anyway).

Halfstep

Visit site
I've been with SEIB for a while. And I have to say they have been beyond reproach. I've had two major claims (surgeries) and they have been brilliant, paying all invoices immediately and - most impressively - not putting blanket exclusions on the policy. For example, my horse had a fractured splint bone: the exclusion they placed was for that particular splint bone only on that leg only. A lot of companies would have excluded for all splint related problems.

sperks93

Visit site
My ex-racer is with NFU, but as said, there veteren policy kicks in at 16, luckily he was insured with them before that age, and he now gets full cover with them untill 22 or something.... We had to find insurance for my new 17 year old PSG dressage horse a few weeks ago, this was a challange as most companies wouldn't take him because of his age, and those that did were very expensive because of the activity group advanced dressage is in! In the end we went with Shearwater, they were a sensible price and very helpful.

xxxx

SpottedCat

Visit site
I have recently changed to AmTrust from KBIS. KBIS were brill at paying out but slapped a ridiculous exclusion on my policy and were totally inflexible about it.

In contrast AmTrust were brilliant, much cheaper and did not put a blanket exclusion on my horse.