Competition on two consecutive days?

Pidge

Visit site
Would you compete on a Saturday and Sunday at different events? Got a dilema beginning of September as local monthly Riding Club show on Sunday but there's also an Annual Show on the Saturday which has some really good classes on, travel no more than 30mins to showground for each one and would only be doing a couple of classes at each. Sat show has some beginners classes for WH at 1'6" etc which would be good to go to as not done these before, but also enjoy regular Sunday show. Advice needed please?

star

Visit site
i've done it before - dont really see the problem. a show shouldn't overwork a horse past its normal level of fitness anyway, so as long as you only do a couple of classes at each one it would be fine.

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Yes, as long as the horses are fit enough then that will be fine (think about showjumpers who take horses to a 3 day show and do a class or two on each horse per day)

MissDeMeena

Visit site
haha, i did two different ODEs on the same day a couple of weeks ago!! (different horses tho)
Kick on, i'm sure you'll be fine
smile.gif

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
No problem provided they are fairly fit, my sister and I used to share my old jumping pony at XC cos her pony didn't like xc, Sis used to do practice round, beginners/novice and then I would do the open. Never caused her a problem and she was in her 20's!!!
grin.gif