Competition report with a difference.....

Navalgem

www.addienasporthorses.com
In that no one was riding!!

On 5th Feb I took my 3yo to the loose jumping competition at SSGB at Addington. After numerous transport problems, (my wagon brakes failing and not being able to find a hire or lift) I was rescued at the 11th hour literally on Saturday morning by Vicky who dropped everything to take us. By the time we left Lancashire snow had already covered the roads and it only got worse on the way down. After 7 long hours we finally arrived and though he's never been away from home before he settled down really well.

We were first in and all he wanted to do was roll! At least he provided some early-morning amusement for the crowd who had braved the weather to attend. I couldn't have asked for more of him, he was bold and brave going down the lane and seemed to really enjoy himself. He was best 3yo which I was elated with, and finished an incredible overall 4th with 150/200 points or 75%. I had tears in my eyes as he left the ring, I am just so so proud of him. It made the trip from hell worthwhile! I found it to be a great atmosphere and everyone was very helpful and welcoming, will certainly be a diary date for me in future, though hopefully it won't be as 'exciting' organising it as this year!

www.equinelifephotography.co.uk
SSSU72019x6.jpg

pics thanks to Jane Whitton! (Star!)
dantsloosejumping.jpg

danteloosejumpinglanding.jpg

Stephen Hammond
DSL_9671.jpg

Renkum Offender won with the superb Balou Phin coming 2nd and Renkum Bombadier (incredible pony!) coming 3rd and Flawless 5th. Great turnout and extremely well run (especially Shirley who did an awful lot of running! ) Very well done to all who entered and many thanks to the organisers for putting it on!

Video link thanks to Golden Eye video's: Website: http://www.goldeneye.biz/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pnVh_40q8

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Wow - congratulations - amazing jump in him :eek:

Do you have anything else planned for the year? Did he actually roll?! I know mine would have done :rolleyes:

Navalgem

Thank you Rosiefan :D he was a good boy, did me proud!

Stencilface - watch the video at the bottom if you can - he almost got one in!! :eek: Not much planned this year for him, I may back him towards the end of the summer when he's grown and matured some more. I can't wait though I may need a parachute when we start jumping - anyone good at sewing? lol

Thank you Tigers_eye, I thought your stallion parade report was fab too, loads of great info!

Navalgem

Thank you everyone, am so glad you like him! :D

Llanali - he'll be aimed at showjumping, he's quite small but hopefully he can be the next Flipper d'Elle or Hickstead.

Bounced - he is such a laid back larry, apparently he has no sense of occasion or shame! haha. I am very proud of him, he behaved perfectly and did as was asked, just liked to throw a bit of cheek in there! Vicky was amazing, from the motorway to Addington we could only do 10-15mph with bends in the road at night and poor visibility with the snowstorm, her driving skill could shame most truckers! Plus she managed to find a babysitter for 3 kids and a complete menagerie of pups, dogs, horses, sheep! She's a superhuman!

Black horse - more photo's or info? lol I'm glad you think he looks happy, he did really seem to enjoy himself!

Navalgem