Competition report

Durhamchance

Visit site
What a day! To give a little background info, I got back in the saddle back in March after a 17 year break. I had some lessons, then I found a pony that needed a rider on Preloved. His name is Prince and I started riding him in May.

Fast forward to today and we took him to an arena cross country competition. I've never done anything like this, it didn't exist when I was younger!

To start we entered the 60cm class, we had a couple of run outs and some sat nav failure, but managed to get round and we were placed third! There was a bit of a wait while they changed and put up the jumps, causing my anxiety levels to shoot up, then it was our turn in the 70cm. We flew round (and I'd already taken my spurs off as it was breaks and steering that were lacking rather than speed!) with just one communication error we managed to bag 2nd place!

I'm feeling over the moon about our first outing, and I know they're only small, but it felt big to me :)

Pictures, some are stills from a video:

qZchbgC.jpg

DOH11zK.jpg

kGqTzf4.jpg

qSRIWl1.jpg

ZCXtYLj.jpg

BarbieHorse

Visit site
Well done!!! He looks like a lovely little pony and fair play for getting out competing so soon after getting back in the saddle!

Embo

Visit site
Fantastic, well done!!! It's not 'only' 60 or 70cm, don't undermine your own success! The size of the jumps do not matter, you've done brilliantly. Super, duper well done!

Bernster

Visit site
Looks fun! Well done. I love that there are lots of fun events like this for people to do. Haven't tried arena xc but it looks great.