Competition shirt... HELP

bugsysmum

Visit site
Hi everyone
Can anyone recommend a cream short or long sleeve competition shirt? Only problem is, I'm allergic to ironing, so I'm looking for a jersey / t-shirt type material.
grin.gif

I found an Equenox one at Hickstead a couple of years ago, but can't find them online now..
frown.gif

Any ideas where I can find one?
Thanks

Tanta

Visit site
Mister Fox are really good - you can get nice warm ones from them, good for winter - or the aertex type for summer

saskia295

Visit site
EBAY!! (My answer for everything!!). I can't remember the make of the one I got but it's great and I haven't ironed it once - hooray! It was only about £12.

bugsysmum

Visit site
Cotswold - probably a size 12
Tanta - do Misterfox have a website?
Saskia - have tried ebay - no joy so far...
TinselMcTor - but my OH will and he's shocked already that I don't iron and buy things that don't need ironing!! LOL
grin.gif

Keep 'em coming!
Thanks all!

ann-jen

Visit site
I've just ordered and received a competition shirt this morning from teque-style.com. Its a jersey style material except for the small portion that shows at the front of your jacket. I chose them as I was finding it really hard to find a shirt with a stock collar and long sleeves and its SO cold at the moment. They come with different sleeve and collar options and in a range of colours (I chose pink to go with my grey show-jacket). Anyway its come this morning but I haven't had a chance to try it on yet but my first impressions are that it looks good quality. I will wear it to the show tomorrow and really test it out.
smile.gif

Partoow

Visit site
Why not find OH who like ironing, like mine who is in the army..... does a very good job.... otherwise shirts that dont need the iron that are good are the Equitech ones. But my favourite one are the one i have made to measure from Sporting colours they are silk and i hand wash them and then shake them out they are little or no ironing.

igglepiggle

Visit site
I have two of the sleeveless Toggi Sierra tops which are really comfy. They also do a short sleeve one in navy or cream/white I think.

trundle

Visit site
My other half does his own ironing - if he tried to have a whinge about me not ironing, I think he'd find the iron lodged in a VERY uncomfortable place !

There is a nice Kyra K shirt that's like polo shirt material with a proper stock collar/ i know someone who competes at aff dressage and wears a white turtleneck top from Lands End under her jacket - once the stock is on, you can't tell she's not wearing a normal shirt. it seems like a very sensible option to me, esp as its a nice warm top.

dill

Visit site
I brought a couple of Tequestyle shirts but have found that I get really hot in them and literally have to peel them off which isn't nice! I bought a couple of Leader Team (teaml.com) shirts which I think were geared for the racing market which I found more breathable.

ann-jen

Visit site
Hmm - will see how it is at tomorrows SJ then. ATM there is an extremely bitter northerly wind here that is very strong so I need something that will keep me warm - but don't want to end up a stinker either! I nearly bought 2 but thought I better try one first which is just as well if they aren't that breathable.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
In winter I wear a Shires hunting shirt in cream - keeps me warm while hanging around. Not as good as the £35 hunting shirts but for what I use it for its fine and about half the price.

For summer I use a Toggi Hurley which is the T shirt style the button has bust off the top and on a hot day wearing it you tend to stink despite covering yourself in deodorant but a smart shirt. My other complaint about it is I tuck everything in and its a bit short for me. Also have a cotton short sleeve on equi something and its very good but not as good looking as the toggi. I also have a toggi no sleeved one absolutely hate it! Too short to tuck in and looks rubbish. Also hate the colour. It was a crimbo present last year.

dieseldog

Visit site
In winter I wear a T shirt, and a lightwieght jumper and then a Pikeur sleveless shirt or just a bib over the top. Nice and warm. Bibs are great you can wear nothing or everything under them and no one knows.

ann-jen

Visit site
Just to let you know I tried the teque-style shirt today at the show - it was hideous weather - snowing and windy - I had that shirt and a gilet on under my show jacket and I was just the right warmth to ride and I didn't find it stifling at all in fact I thought the fabric was quite breathable. I might even order another one in blue.