completely fed up!

SpaceMolly

Visit site
I am totally fed up! I now have had two horses vetted and both have failed, completely fed up of looking and can't find anything thats near to what I'm looking for. Everyone keeps saying wrong time of year and I know they are probably right but I have always preffered to buy now so i can get to know them before the competitions start. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone sympathise? Sorry just having one of those weeks! x

SpaceMolly

Visit site
Thank you.....well I suppose I'm after what everyone wants. A 16.1-17hh 5-7yo preferably gelding, good quiet type that will do RC/local level stuff then go on to do intro eventing. Plus my budget is considerably lower than at first. I don't mind something that needs a bit of schooling but must be a confident jumper as I haven't done much of that side of things. I've mainly had youngsters and problem horses and now I just want to have some fun! Oh and must live out.

SpaceMolly

Visit site
First one was dog lame after second lot of flexions, was my fault when I went to try him the second time I thought he felt a bit off but listened to other people saying it was because he was unfit. Second one was today and it was suspected navicular.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Bugger, so not even things that are fixable.
frown.gif

Agent XXX999

Visit site
What have they failed on? One of mine failed the vet and I still bought him because he was fit for the job. Its worth considering….I would buy a horse with a manageable problem (but maybe I am mad)

I do have a really nice horse for sale – 7yo Selle Francais Gelding, jumping 1m15 etc…he qualified for all second rounds he’s done this year. Really ready to go on now…..not that I am advertising or anything, just mentioning it…PM me for details…

moocow

Visit site
he gets my vote too...... you can have my hooligan. Bought him with basically the same spec you have. He was half broken. well, lunged, long reined, loads of work tacked up - just needed to be backed. Turns out he bronks!
frown.gif
Other than that he is fab!!! Friendliest little horse in the world the yard owner says......

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
I have to ask why limit yourself between the 5-7 age group, especially if lower budget?

My ex grade A was 16 when I got him, he is still going strong at 24 and had a fab time so far together, he knows more than I will ever learn about SJ!!

If you want something confident jumping I'd get an older horse for sure, OK you do get some of the cheekyness as they know what they are doing but aside from SJ, they are usually a little more solid than something under 10 years?

Even 5-12 years would give you a bigger choice?

SpaceMolly

Visit site
I have limited myself because in a couple of years time i will be selling on and don't want to lose too much money. Don't get me wrong I had a showjumper when I was yonger he was 29! So I have nothing against the older horse. My choice is simply because I will be selling on in a couple of years.