Confession.....

Ibblebibble

Visit site
i feel the need to come out into the open and say 'my name is ibblebibble and i want a shetland':eek: (obviously my name isn't ibblebibble really as that would be a bit strange and my parents would deserve a slap!)

i have no idea why i suddenly have this yearning for a shetland, i've always stated that the minis are pointless and the standards are little ****s but these last few months i keep looking at ads and planning how i can hide one from the hubby:eek: Of course daughter is no help in this craving as she is actively encouraging me:rolleyes:

I'm trying to be sensible and not even consider it until small pony is sold but i know damn well if i see something i like thats not too far away i'm going to cave in spectacularly quickly:eek: well they're only little and we already have a shetland proof paddock that was here when we took over the field :D

pointless post really but i do feel better now i've outed myself as a secret shetland lover:D

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
If it helps, you are welcome to pop up the motorway & come and cuddle/brush & take walkies my Tiny Fuzzy - she loves all of those things, is the biggest cuddle monster ever :D
She's been feeling neglected over the past month or 2 since I got DF, and has only had the odd mud-scrape when dry. Today she was covered in a layer of frost 1st thing, tho by the time she'd stood in the sun, she was then damp on the ends of her yak-fur :D

She is NOT leaving tho, as is THE best companion ever - and the only one my DH :rolleyes: likes :)

Fransurrey

Visit site
If you've got room, just get one! They're fantastic. I still miss mine and keep looking at ads at the moment. Could do with a companion to keep the remaining pony company when I ride out solo. Hmmm...

Annette4

Visit site
If you plan on it being treated like a real pony then I approve! I'd love a *****land but I think I'm too porky. Get L riding it and get it a little crat to pull!! OMG that would be soooo cute!!

You NEED one!!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Can I join? Daughters pony is a mini x, who she is deeply attached to, & I've always promised her that even when outgrown I won't move pony away on loan even. But, truthfully the little witch has grown on me, & secretly, even if daughter lost all interest I'd keep her for me. Even in her less than obliging moments, I secretly admire how opinionated she is.

catkin

Visit site
Resistance is futile - but take a good hard look beyond the cute fluff and you will see they are sharp as tacks and after world domination. They will lure you into providing full 5* luxury accommodation too, and if the service ain't up to scratch, well, just look out!!:rolleyes:

They are just great.

melbiswas

Visit site
My mother, who lives in West Sussex has been helping a rather mad old lady with a 'rescued'
herd of several minis as this lady's health has declined and she has been unable to cope.

My mother thinks this lady has been trying to get them re-homed........

(I dont have any more info as I didn't want to get tempted myself but I could ask)

Elsiecat

Visit site
Minnie my 11.2 is lost in a big stable and I'm dying to get a tiny tiny shetland in there with her, but just wouldn't want the risk of buying shetland and them not bonding. Meh :(

Ibblebibble

Visit site
My mother, who lives in West Sussex has been helping a rather mad old lady with a 'rescued'
herd of several minis as this lady's health has declined and she has been unable to cope.

My mother thinks this lady has been trying to get them re-homed........

(I dont have any more info as I didn't want to get tempted myself but I could ask)

west sussex is probably a little too far, i'm probably going to have to pay for transport as i can't ask the hubby without giving the game away:eek:

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
One of my two smalls cantered down the field this morning for his hay curling his top lip up blowing kisses. Got to love 'em but can see them far enough sometimes!

Am quite interested in breaking them to drive but know next to nothing about it yet, project for next summer when they are old enough.

Asha

Visit site
Go on, get one.

Id love one too, like you keeping looking at the ads. Fortunately have no room at the inn.

Saw one on horsequest the other day, little palomino filly, just adorable.
Just love ponies:)

Once you have one, you can post lots of cute piccies on here:D

Just think how cute he/she would look with antlers on:p

tankgirl1

Visit site
You've all set me off looking... :eek:

I'd love a shettie or two to keep the bigs uns company when one or the other of them goes out... in fact its probably a necessity... :p

Ibblebibble

Visit site
Why would you:confused:

Horrible wee rats most of them. I have had loads and they don't float my boat.

I like shetland cattle and Shetland sheep tho :cool:

i honestly don't know lol, i never used to see the point of them, perhaps i'm getting broody :eek: feel the need for some cuteness in my life:eek: (i tried dressing hubs up as a teddy , it didn't work:eek::D )

just had to google shetland cattle lol, they're not doing it for me i'm afraid, now a highland that's a beast i would love to have but not sure farmer would agree lol

NeverSayNever

Visit site
thery’re not all little *****s - mine is only 5 and is saint!

OP - does your username have anything to do with in the night garden? 6 Months ago I had no clue what that even was ;)
DSCF1062.jpg
2012-03-12122903.jpg
lollyjoyfinnhack008.jpg

FfionWinnie

Visit site
i honestly don't know lol, i never used to see the point of them, perhaps i'm getting broody :eek: feel the need for some cuteness in my life:eek: (i tried dressing hubs up as a teddy , it didn't work:eek::D )

just had to google shetland cattle lol, they're not doing it for me i'm afraid, now a highland that's a beast i would love to have but not sure farmer would agree lol

Really???

72ab655ed106f7f59c39613e74391a1c.jpg

(the fat ugly black one isn't mine)