Confidence Courses

magichorse

Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I only ride my horse so difficult to say! I think that I'd lack confidence on other horses too because the thought of riding them makes me feel nervous!

Tiffany

Visit site
I'm just rebuilding my confidence so I know how you feel. Do you feel the same whether in school or out hacking, is it when you are on your own or in Company, does your horse give you any reason to lack confidence?

Sorry for all the questions but it was an incident with me and I think the fact I'm getting older although I'm back enjoying riding my girl :D

magichorse

Visit site
I'm just rebuilding my confidence so I know how you feel. Do you feel the same whether in school or out hacking, is it when you are on your own or in Company, does your horse give you any reason to lack confidence?

Sorry for all the questions but it was an incident with me and I think the fact I'm getting older although I'm back enjoying riding my girl :D

I feel most confident when hacking alone,odd as it may sound. My horse had issues with mounting which resulted in 3 pretty nasty falls as he bolted when I got on. Went through all checks- saddle, vet, physio and a few small issues were picked up and treated/ addressed. I then started having lessons again (and still am) which have helped a lot.

I now feel 'OK' with mounting and hacking on my own/ with a predictable companion, and 'pretty much OK' with boxing up and going to my lessons. However, I have to do things in a certain way to remain in my comfort zone (OCD tendancies?) and this is holding me back.

My next aim is to do some dressage tests, but my horse gets so excited at shows and I have only done in hand so far. Essentially he is such a nice laid back chap and I fear (and strongly suspect) that my nerves are a major factor in his excitable behaviour in situations outside mycomfort zone.

So, having identified me as the biggest problem (!) I feel that a course of this sort may help me and give me strategies I need to overcome the nerves. The lessons are helping, but maybe this would too.......

Sorry for long-winded reply!

TigerTail

Visit site
I def think the IH course would help, provide you with lots of different ideas and ways of doing things. Have you got Kelly MArks Perfect Confidence book? Theres lots in there. Also there are some cds that are supposed to be good :)

Chavhorse

Visit site
After a bad fall and injuries out hacking I struggled on for about two years then packed myself off on an "Enjoy Riding Course" run by Caroline Putis.

It was not cheap but I have to say was the best money I have spent.

I went on an enjoy hacking course, there were 5 of us on it and it was a lovely suportive environment, caroline spends the morning teaching you relaxation excercises tips for managing your fear an then in the afternoon you all go off together for a hack out on some of the coolest laid back cobs I have ever encountered. By day two we were all asking the ride leader if we could have a canter, on the Friday following the end of the course 3 of us booked another hack and had a wonderful time.

I can highly recommend

magichorse

Visit site
I def think the IH course would help, provide you with lots of different ideas and ways of doing things. Have you got Kelly MArks Perfect Confidence book? Theres lots in there. Also there are some cds that are supposed to be good :)

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have got Kelly Marks book- I will have to dig it out as its ages since I read it. The IH course does look good- am definately veering towards booking myself onto it. Not seen the CDs- I'll google them! Thanks! :)

After a bad fall and injuries out hacking I struggled on for about two years then packed myself off on an "Enjoy Riding Course" run by Caroline Putis.

It was not cheap but I have to say was the best money I have spent.

I went on an enjoy hacking course, there were 5 of us on it and it was a lovely suportive environment, caroline spends the morning teaching you relaxation excercises tips for managing your fear an then in the afternoon you all go off together for a hack out on some of the coolest laid back cobs I have ever encountered. By day two we were all asking the ride leader if we could have a canter, on the Friday following the end of the course 3 of us booked another hack and had a wonderful time.

I can highly recommend

Thank you- I haven't heared of Caroline Putis- I'll google her course also, it sounds like you got a lot from it. I like the idea of being in a small group too. Thanks! :)