Confidence issues - light at the end of the tunnel :)

ShadowFlame

Visit site
Bit of a pointless "proud pony" post I'm afraid! Some of you may (or may not remember) me posting a "to sell or not to sell" thread a couple of months ago. Having backed and broken my first youngster, I took a rather nasty fall off him on the road while out alone and ended up in A&E. Both my (and his) confidence disintegrated, and every time we attempted a ride it ended in tears. We got to the stage where I couldn't sit on him without physically shaking, I wouldn't ride and I advertised him for sale.

Now, in a last ditch attempt (having had people phone me up about him and being unable to bring myself to agree to a viewing!), I decided to move yards last month. We moved somewhere with facilities, more people, quieter hacking and a better atmosphere. The result? In a month... ta da!

303107_10152122811605125_223525514_n_zps32efca88.jpg

Point of this thread? There isn't really one, but I know as well as anyone how soul-destroying confidence issues can be. In the right place, with the right attitude, they can be overcome. *Happy post!* :)

Merrymoles

Visit site
Good on you! :)
I have some (riding-related) confidence issues and find certain things very tough and am horse hunting at the moment. Cantering in a school on a strange horse fills me with dread (as that's when my old boy used to take off) but I'm finding it very, very slightly easier each time I try a different one. It is a wonderful feeling when you can do it without wanting to be sick! Your boy is very handsome - love his markings!

Daytona

Visit site
Well done I went through a similar issue with my youngster, a 2 week stint in hospital, operation & skin grafts totally knocked my confidence and I doubted if he was the horse for me

I got help and support and decided to give it 6 months then see what like , well now 1 year in and having a great time with him but it was a long slog but worth it in the end.

Well done and wish you both many happy years together.