Conflicted on what to do.

Feival

Visit site
Winnie is not easy and not the sort yiu can just get on and go after some days off, I'm currently training to be a chef so short on time and with two on DIY I dont ride her any where often enough, she's 9 now and basically just lives out as Buzz's companion. I've toyed with the idea of selling her and also putting her on loan, no luck finding a sharer, She's so lovely on the ground and i really dont want to part with her but i dont want to waste her either, What do i do?

conkers

Visit site
Is this likely to be a short term issue? If it is and you can afford financially to do it, then keep her. Don't worry about her being out in the field. Most horses don't mind a bit of time off.

But if you think you will not be able to give her the time long term and you don't feel it is right for her to be a permanent field ornament, then maybe consider selling her.

You know her best so do what is right for both her and you.

Amye

Visit site
A horse is never wasted if it's happy.

This ^^

If she's happy in a field then does is matter if she's not being ridden? Horses have no ambitions so if she doesn't *need* work and you can afford to keep her, no harm done if you want to keep her as a buddy for your other.

You could always keep plugging for a sharer, i'm sure someone would come along eventually.

Equi

Visit site
Horses don't need ridden they just need food and company and the odd farrier visit lol

MrsElle

Visit site
My girl is 11 years old and has been a field ornament for the last four years with me due to various issues. She is as happy as larry, loves being a horse just mooching about in a field playing with her pals and having a fuss from time to time. If your horse is happy not being worked and you are able to keep her, then do so.

Antw23uk

Visit site
I believe if a horse can do a job it should be doing a job but you cant argue with the above comments. If she makes you happy and she is happy then companion for now it is :) Things change all the time, you might regret selling her in six months :)

AFB

Visit site
If you sold Winne would you need a new companion for Buzz or are there others on the yard? If so then it seems silly to me