Conformation & Condition Critique please - All opinions welcome!

SarahAllen

Visit site
Hello all!

I was hoping that you infinitely more knowledgable people could run your eyes over my boy and tell me what you think?

Bit of background:

17.2hh IDxTB
13yrs

Just coming back into work after a year at grass so I know he needs more muscling up. I thought he was about right condition wise but looking at the pictures i'm wondering if he actually needs to lose a bit more weight? I can easily feel his ribs though. I know very little about the finer points of conformation so would welcome any opinions, though no matter what he will always be pefect to me
smile.gif

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

Sorry if the pictures aren't great, was the best I could do tonight!

Thanks very much!

Lucy_Nottingham

Visit site
Ye I agree maybe a bit of weight off but that will come with being back into work!
Conformation wise, front legs don't look too bad (althgouh because he is not stood square cannot analyse properly) but his front feet are slightly too angled from coranett to metacarpal joint, but only barely,
Back legs, hocks point in making the back feet point out, but no where near as bad as some horses, this is often common in horses, and no horse is conformationally perfect!
But he is lovely!

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Looks a tad tubbster but I wouldn't worry with work and the cold and the grass becoming more poor he will drop a bit anyway so better that than trying to feed him up which is what I am doing at the mo. Lovely boy though nice clip he looks very smart and nice shiny toes too!

Damnation

Visit site
Condition wise I would say that he is where he should be at for this time of year. Remember we have the colder months coming up, January - March !!!
TBH he only really eneds to loose a bit off the bottom of his belly but that will come with work and toning up
smile.gif

Izzi
grin.gif

SarahAllen

Visit site
Thank you very much guys, much appreciated.

We will keep working on the toning up and I shall hopefully be able to post some good before and after pictures in the near future
smile.gif