Conformation Critique please !

Vicki1986

Visit site
critique welcomed...
(before i get told off i know some of the pics are watermarked but my sister took them as she is a photographer i hope that is ok?!)

standup.jpg

conf.jpg

1111.jpg

111a.jpg

P1010087.jpg

Sparklet

Visit site
Lovely, beautifully turned out with a brilliant shiney coat. Looks very healthy - is there a bit of Arab in there?. My only comment it that he/she looks a bit croup high - if he/she young?

Vicki1986

Visit site
Not sure of her breeding - wish i knew more of her history but unfortunately she has been passed from pillar to post and thruogh auctions aswell so ive not got much hope of finding out anything more.
She is 12/13 but yes she is a tad bottom high!

Sparklet

Visit site
She stands like an Arab and has quite a high tail carriage which is why I asked.

My horse is croup high too and she is 11
wink.gif

She is lovely, particularly now I know she is a she. I love mares - they have a lot of character.

Edit - just read the other post - dont pull it. It is lovely.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Lovely, super little horse and has improved with whilst she's been with you. Personally would like to see a little less weight through the summer (but as one who never managed that with her own horse - I should perhaps not comment on that particular aspect!!).

She's very like my AmyMay
laugh.gif

Pasha

Visit site
Welsh have a lot of Arab blood in so she is more likely to be Welsh x rather than a straight Arab x - I think she's have a straighter back and more dished face if she had a lot of Arab in her... she is a littler stunner though whatever she is!

Vicki1986

Visit site
How do you know improved with age ?? ??
Haha yes the weight issue is a nightmare - believe it or not she has remained the same weight (365) from the dya i bought her to know its never changed which is odd as she was huuuge through the summer (despite being in a slim-fast paddock AND with a muzzle on!)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
How do you know improved with age ?? ??

[/ QUOTE ]
I made an assumption - I thought that she was much younger than she was - and certainly in the first picture thought she was a baby.

Edited my post after I read that you said she was 12 - 13
smile.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
My daughters pony is straight Arabx and looks like a connemara with a dished face - it depends which bits of the Arab they take. Some look much more Araby than others.

It was the set of the tail that gave it away - section C has a lower set tail and tends to be a bit more cresty.

Pasha

Visit site
Guess it would depend what Welsh and what it was crossed with... I know lots of Welsh ponies that look very Araby but all the Arabs I have owned and straight Arab x have very flat backs and defined features on their heads - these are such strong Arab traits that they are usually blatent in straight Arab x - she may be a part-bred or combi of different things - we'll never know I guess

Claireg9

Visit site
Id say she's a Wesh C x Arab too! Defo a bit of Arab in there.
She is slightly bum high, and round bellied, but she is lovely.
I especially like ginger mares!!!!

Vicki1986

Visit site
god ones enough!! haha no she is a diamond really!
i just wish i could find out more...but shes very non-descript (not freezemarked etc) and has been round the block and back again, i have found a lot of people who know her from a few years ago but i need to go back before her last owner to find out any new info but its proving hard!