Conformation Critique - You can be rude again! :)

Apalacia01

Visit site
So yesterday I did the riding post, and here is the nekked pony. Of course, I don't have any good side shots, but think for the most part these are alright.

These were taken back in August. She had all her feathers clipped off as you may notice - she looks much better with ankles! I am constantly trying to keep weight off as she had arthritis in her hocks....YO sometimes forgets and puts her in a new field, and then she is prompty moved back onto starvation!

So ...

S6300111.jpg

S6300118.jpg

S6300120.jpg

She really isn't this chunky - just a bad angle I think, as all taken same day...

S6300124.jpg

And the funny looking face - she really is not the most attractive beast from head on!

S6300129.jpg

Happy New Year!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

And the funny looking face - she really is not the most attractive beast from head on!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
How can you say that! She has a really cute face!!
smile.gif

L

lilym

i like her!! if i was being picky i would say she could do with more muscle behind, but given your ridden problems with her, she probably isn't using herself properly, he hocks look a little weak, but maybe that is the camera angle. her feet also look a little long...but i like how her neck is set on and i like her shoulder, nice little mare.

Apalacia01

Visit site
Thanks for the comments. Lilym - yes, she had arthritis in both back hocks, which I think may account for some of our ridden problems (and lack of muscle). Hocks are therefore weak.

Thats actually the farrier standing behind her - think she was trimmed just after...maybe? Yes, definitely, if you look in photos with no feathers. Do look a little long, but I try to keep them a little long behind also to account for hock wear and tear (that was farriers idea).

Thanks all, got to pop out, but continue to CC!

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
the first pic, she looks like one of the paint ponies the indians had in the old westerns. lovely markings.
Very pink nose, she will need lots of suncream on in the summer. She looks like she has been burnt a bit already in the summer.

Apalacia01

Visit site
Oh yes, she is a bit pink isn't she!! She really hates the sun tan lotion - so normally have her out in a leather headcollar with a nose net...whoops. She fries badly!

Thanks for the compliments - I guess she isn't as badly put together as I thought for my little pit pony! (Or irish bog pony...depending how mean I am feeling!!)