Conformation....opinions please...

severnmiles

Visit site
What do you all think of this 4y.o?

charlie238.jpg

charlie237.jpg

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
He has rather short bones between his 'knee' and 'ankles' and he still has some growing to go ass wise...

But other than that he looks okay

peterthepony

www.bebo.com
He looks quite weak, but yes he is only 4, from what i can see he looks to have a good matching sloping shoulder and hooves, his hocks do look a little straight but shouldnt cause that much of a problem!
x

Nickymac

Visit site
Hmmmmmm, he does look a bit weak - is he in work at the moment? There's something about his limbs that I don't like but I can't put my finger on it. He's a little upright in his shoulder and back at the knee. What does he move like?

KatB

Visit site
I like him. He's got a lovely eye, a nice shoulder, and nice short cannon bones. he's got alot of filling out to do, but he looks like he "matches". Only fault is he is slightly upright, but that really doesnt bother me! Who is he??!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Can't really tell much from the photos. really need to see him move. He certainly isn't in work at the moment because he's got very little muscle. I would imagine he'll fill out nicely with the right feed & work & once he's fit & filled he'll look a totally different horse. At 4 he's still got some growing to do aswell.

S_N

Visit site
Oh I like!!! He's a little upright and lacking in topline, but a) that wouldn't bother me, b) topline is alterable. He has great short cannon bones and a short back and long underside. Look really athletic! Who is it?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Having seen that great big muscley creature in the flesh I cannot believe that picture is of the same horse! He looks and not mean't to be rude really mediocre in the photo and I know for a fact he is not like that now!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Ooo, nice little horse. Lovely short cannon bones in front. Maybe a little straight through his hocks - but that's being hyper-critical.

Like him very much, and he looks like he'll mature in to a lovely horse.

edt: Just seen your other post with him competing - Lovely!!!!!!!!!

burtie

Visit site
I like the look of him, very lacking in muscle and topline, but very solidly put together. Personally I don't like to see a 4 year old too well muscled as I'd worry about how much they had done! He looks not hugely different form my 3 year old in shape.

severnmiles

Visit site
Just been sold to Brighton for 15k, bit cheap Des thought. She's keeping his brother though.

I don't think he has any points yet, he's had a few novice runs but he'd done nothing before the start of this year so he's doing well.