connemara/ tb

TS_

Visit site
You'll regret asking for pictures
tongue.gif

WilliamMiflinday1002.jpg
WilliamMiflinday1031.jpg

1-1.jpg

(sorry if they're big just tried to show she can jump (even though these are only small she easily pops 3ft6) and she's pretty
smile.gif
)
So we're not actually 100% sure of her breeding but my best bet would be that she's a conni x TB. She can be an absolute loon and is as stubborn a mule but I think that's her personally. To me after having her for a year and half i'd say they're a good combo. She has stacks of jumping ability and moves well etc and is very docile (sp?) on the ground/in the stable. Easy to do etc.
I love mine
grin.gif

ETA she can be a little sharp at times as someone below mentioned but I do everything in a happy mouth snaffle with no flash or anything and i'm always in control etc. ( I know not every horse would be the same .)

0ldmare

Visit site
I have got one and had one previously. The grey in my siggy is Connemara x TB. Also the head of the bay horse on the right hand side of my siggy is too.

I think its a good combination and they are often very attractive conformation wise, but (if my two experiences are anything to go by) they can be a little on the sharp side. (May just be coincidence though!)

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I think Conn/TB are a fantastic combination. I've had mine for 6 years this summer and he is one of the nicest horses i have ever had the privilege of sitting on. He tries his hardest in every situation and is willing to have a go at practically any discipline ive thrown at him over the years. He's kind, intelligent, correct in his way of going and has a lovely neat jump on him. I would highly recommend one if you want a nice smart looking horse that can go out there are have lots of fun and success!!
Here are a few piccies of my little man:

DSC_1639.jpg

alfie1.jpg

img495.jpg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
No pics, but I know one which is a brilliant horse. Went up to BE Advanced. I'd have one in a flash!

Sunny08

Visit site
Connie X TB quite frankly I don't think you can go wrong - fantastic combination - I used to have one and I don't think I will ever find such an honest, happy, fantastic, multi talented little horse again!!
smile.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
Ooh yes, another vote for them - I've had mine since a 4 yo (he's now 18) and he turns his hoof to anything. Mine is def a pony in horse clothing though as very clever (sometimes too clever for his own good) but a real character and always tries.

He has done BSJA (and just re-registered again after 4 years of doing other things) and a bit of BE (only intro cos I'm chicken!) but, had I been more keen eventing when younger I think hed have done very well.

One day I'll get some pics on here as he's quite a unusual golden dun colour - not seen any like him since I've had him.

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
Sorry got no pics, but IMO its an excellent X, I had a 3/4 tb x1/4 conny when I was a teenager, there was nothing she couldnt jump or anything that she was scared of stunning looking horse with pony qualitys, also got a conny X now and she does everything to please.

ruscara

Visit site
I think it's a great combination! They are beautiful, intelligent, great all-rounders and full of character. Mine is, anyhow!
smile.gif

2183727334_7ed2d391aa.jpg

3493036699_42b3626d5b.jpg

3352790319_2e181e2445.jpg

RhiannonE

Visit site
If you can get more Conne than TB then you're laughing - you'll probably get more stubborn a horse but at least it will possibly be a bit saner!! I love TB's - after having several ex race TB's, IDXTB and Arab x TB but they are a bit nutty at the end of the day - my boy Whisper is pure Conne and i've never had more fun on a horse than i have the last few months with him.
We've had several tbs x connes at our old yard and they were talented I must admit!! But then again my oversized Conne is extremely talented too (head swells with the boasting haha) xxx

Dunmare

Visit site
My old mare was Connemara/tb and was pretty sharp and definately had a mind of her own big time! She was a good doer which I put down to the Connie and tough as old boots. She lived till she was 31 and was still being ridden. I wanted another one really but to be honest I decided after a back injury I needed to downgrade so have a more cob like irish mare now, but I still adore the connie cross.

Dunmare

Visit site
Forgot to say she was a gorgeous golden dun /15.2 - did well showing and also was a keen jumper and we did well SJ/XC - so they make great all rounders.

Jeska

Visit site
There are 2 on my yard and both are absolutely stunning! one is a bay and one is a grey and they are both brilliant and compete in all disciplines. Good combination in my opinion

kate081

Visit site
I'm liking this post coz I just bought one! He's only young (3 in Sept) but has been very easy to halter break though I suspect he's got a stubborn pony streak.

He's currently standing at 14.2hh - Mum was 16.1 & Dad 14.2. How big are others adult ConniexTBs?

3494536161_3e8042af3c.jpg

golddustsara

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
My boy, Boss, is by a tb, out of a connemara mare.
He sucessfully did BE intermediate/2*
Bossditch.jpg
[ QUOTE ]

Boss is super duper gorg! Is this piccy iping?

I have a pure but overheight connie - he is the best horse I could ever hope to have so I'm sure a bit of tb in the mix would just add a bit of extra whizz!

frazzled

Visit site
Thankyou all for your great pictures and helpful comments , looks like it would be a good cross to look out for as not had one negative comment. Also added bonus is that they are absolutely stunning to look at!
grin.gif

ETA What size are your horses out of interest?