Connemaras...where to buy?

MissJessica

Visit site
Hi, I am looking for any advise recommendations of any yards/dealers who sell connemaras 14.2hh+ & how much I need to spend, minimum & maximum.
Thank you.

windand rain

Visit site
Hi, I am looking for any advise recommendations of any yards/dealers who sell connemaras 14.2hh+ & how much I need to spend, minimum & maximum.
Thank you.
Depends on what you want
a baby from a stud
youngster the same
ridden pony horsequest

Prices vary widely too anything from a couple of thousand to tens of thousands
What do you want
Mine is a complete allrounder jumps dressage and will be going eventing she has been shown in hand and is going to HOYS workers this summer She is bay and beautiful
Hacks alone and in company and is 100% in everything She isnt for sale at the minute so this is not an advert just saying what you can get
She would suit a confident novice as she gets her confidence from her rider. We are having a lot of fun with her at the minute but she may have to be sold if her rider finds a job away from here once she finishes her degree
Connies can be sensitive and need time to settle in to new surroundings so if you find what you are looking for give him or her time to settle in

MissJessica

Visit site
Thank you for your advise. :)
I am looking for a 5 year old + with established paces, that is forgiving. As for educating I am happy to have lessons as long as the horse is safe, sane and sensible.
For hacking alone and in company, local low level competitions and fun xc days with my friends....I do aspire to hunt & try ODE's but I don't have transport at the moment & this wont change for a few years so I've got time to work in the rest.
I'd like a gelding but that's because I've always had geldings, more habit. Your mare sounds lovely.
I am really conscious to not over horse myself as I want to be safe & just have fun above all else.
I've seen connies advertised that "claim" to fit the bill but they're between £3,500 & scarily £8,500!! (I do not have the latter).

L&M

Visit site
I have just bought a conemmara gelding via 'Horsequest' - they have a whole section of connemara's under the native pony section.

Also have a look at the British Connemara Society website as believe they have a classified section.

I would also second the above posters comments on temperament - I have owned 2 connies and both were/are sensitive souls and are not always a novice ride.

Last edited:

windand rain

Visit site
Dont know where you are but anyone is welcome to visit here and meet the ponies if you want to find out if a Connie really is what you want to buy. I have Highlands too all happy to potter out and let you try before you go out and buy a breed. Again not trying to sell anything just inviting you to meet what you want in the flesh so to speak.
I like meeting people and dont bite and I think it is a shame that too many liars want to foist their badly behaved animals on the unsuspecting buyer. Ultimately I only want what is best for my animals like everyone should
So if you are near the Humber let me know and you can come and meet the menagerie and be made very welcome too