connie stallions- Jumping bloodlines

Trules

Visit site
Hi, so I have a 13 yr old ISH mare. I have owned her 6 years and evented plenty up to BE100 level in that time. She hasn't the scope to go higher up the levels. the only reason I am considering breeding from her is that she is the most genuine giving mare. she would never consider saying no. and she is very laid back and gentle. and obviously i don't want to part with her. she is very TB built 16.1hh, built slightly downhill, not the best power or scope. so I would be looking at something small, short coupled and powerful.( I am only small, don't want too big a youngster to handle)
so my question is. what would be the chances of getting her in foal via AI? Am I right In thinking it is harder with frozen semen? I would love to find a Connie stallion with a tremendous jumping pedigree. I like the look of Dark Stranger and he is local to me, but only available via frozen. Am I dreaming about the chances of this working?
I can't seem to find UK based connie stallions that really excite me with jumping bloodlines. they all seem to be based in Ireland.
Any suggestions, thoughts gratefully received.
regards

Spring Feather

Visit site
All of my mares are bred AI. All of them have had exactly the same success when bred with frozen and with fresh. The trick to breeding mares is to have a very good equine REPRO vet, not just a bog standard equine vet. Oh and a good mare who has no trouble conceiving helps loads :smile3:

Trules

Visit site
thanks Spring Feather, I would intend to send her to Twemlows for them to do full process. although not looked into how it works yet. obviously no idea how fertile mare is until we have a go!

PorkChop

Visit site
As long as you send her to an experienced AI technician then you have as good a chance as a natural covering.

Bridget Jasper in Cornwall had a super competition Connemara stallion, however I don't know if she is still breeding :)

Puzzled

Visit site
Gwennic de Goariva produces some amazing jumpers and has jumped at Grand Prix level himself. Try googling him as I'm not sure of his details other than he now stands in Ireland.

Trules

Visit site
thanks Pootleperkin, have had a look at facebook page, he certainly has an impressive jump! food for thought.
thanks Puzzled will have a google.

LK2015

New User
Visit site
Tulia Robuck seems to produce nice natured foals, If I remember correctly he is a good cross with a tb (think it might say this on his website)
I have a Robuck gelding and he has a great nature, loose jumped him first times last week and showed a really good attitude and promising technique.
Think you can use him AI over here even though he stands in Ireland

AnShanDan

Visit site
Just to add, I bred my 16.2 TB event mare to a 14.1 conn. stallion (Boden Park Kilbrew who is by Abbeyleix Owen) and she is now 16.2 at rising 4 and still growing, so they don't necessarily turn out small! She is compact tho and doesn't ride big.

Trules

Visit site
Hi there Edenwood, I am already linked in to your FB page, I am Kirsty Smith, my profile pic is of the mare I would like to put in foal! I have seen many pics of Dark Stranger babies out jumping. I believe he was jumping 1.20m tracks as a 6 year old?
AnShanDan, how exciting your girl sounds? best of both worlds. is she showing promise? I really don't mind size wise, I am small enough to ride 14.2hh and up. i would just love to add some pony toughness and attitude.

edenwood

www.claresconnemaras.com
Hi
I will add you as a friend on FB My name is clare jones so if there is anything you want to know drop me a message. All his progeny can jump really well. Yes he was jumping 1.20 courses as a 6 year old many moons ago bless him.

SueBrowne

Visit site
Hi, so I have a 13 yr old ISH mare. I have owned her 6 years and evented plenty up to BE100 level in that time. She hasn't the scope to go higher up the levels. the only reason I am considering breeding from her is that she is the most genuine giving mare. she would never consider saying no. and she is very laid back and gentle. and obviously i don't want to part with her. she is very TB built 16.1hh, built slightly downhill, not the best power or scope. so I would be looking at something small, short coupled and powerful.( I am only small, don't want too big a youngster to handle)
so my question is. what would be the chances of getting her in foal via AI? Am I right In thinking it is harder with frozen semen? I would love to find a Connie stallion with a tremendous jumping pedigree. I like the look of Dark Stranger and he is local to me, but only available via frozen. Am I dreaming about the chances of this working?
I can't seem to find UK based connie stallions that really excite me with jumping bloodlines. they all seem to be based in Ireland.
Any suggestions, thoughts gratefully received.
regards
GLENCARRIG DOLPHIN is a new young Connie stallion with a fantastic jump and many of the best Irish jumping stallions in his breeding He was 10th in the British Eventing 4 year old Championships last year. You can look him up on his Facebook Page. He does fresh and chilled semen.