Considering one of us.......

Alec Swan

Visit site
I haven't checked with Eothain, and I do hope the the man wont mind, but I have to tell you that he's had some difficult days. He's had chemotherapy for lung cancer, his full head of hair, has now gone (We've one thing in common!) and he's finally been given an initial and tentative positive.

However he may have irritated some, whilst being adored by others, his highly contagious passion for his Native Sport Horse would be obvious, the thread which he started "Happy days......", became almost a soap opera in its following, but as we soar, so we settle. I wont be alone in missing that thread. I know of one person who has the whole thing, in print! :cool:

Conor, how I do so wish you well. How I search in vain for your further thought provoking posts, and how pleased both T and I are, to hear your news.

Sod it. Kick on. ;)

Alec.

HBM1

Visit site
Very sorry you have been so unwell Conor...if anyone could beat it with steely determination it is you...good news that you are on the mend and thank you for sharing Alex

no_no_nanette

Visit site
I haven't checked with Eothain, and I do hope the the man wont mind, but I have to tell you that he's had some difficult days. He's had chemotherapy for lung cancer, his full head of hair, has now gone (We've one thing in common!) and he's finally been given an initial and tentative positive.

However he may have irritated some, whilst being adored by others, his highly contagious passion for his Native Sport Horse would be obvious, the thread which he started "Happy days......", became almost a soap opera in its following, but as we soar, so we settle. I wont be alone in missing that thread. I know of one person who has the whole thing, in print! :cool:

Conor, how I do so wish you well. How I search in vain for your further thought provoking posts, and how pleased both T and I are, to hear your news.

Sod it. Kick on. ;)

Alec.

Yes, need a *LIKE* button! This is one brave man, and so glad that all is going well for him ... look forward to the photos of him back in the saddle

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Yes, need a *LIKE* button! This is one brave man, and so glad that all is going well for him ... look forward to the photos of him back in the saddle

This definitely; he's been so positive throughout; we need you back Connor, it's a dull place without you.
I didn't realise that epic thread had gone, it really should have been made a sticky as there was so much information on there for all types of breeders not just us Irish fans. Perhaps those that printed the whole thing off (I did the first 20 pages!) would like to go into business and print it off as a booklet (I do hope so, would be first in line for a copy!)

Eothain

Visit site
Wow!! Eh, I'm not sure what to say. I haven't been on here in ages and eh, am thankful to still be thought of.

Alec, thank you and indeed everyone else too so very very much for the well wishes. It's been a strange few months that I wasn't expecting to be dealing with, but I'm happy to be through with it and on the other side!! It's been an eye opening experience. Even if I am missing my beautiful hair, my beautiful beautiful hair!!!!
Testicular cancer at 25 is annoying to say the least but I'm looking forward to raising money for cancer research this summer and hopefully doing some good for other people. I've details on my Facebook page which if you're interested, you'll find here:
https://www.facebook.com/2013CancerChallenge

Again, thanks very much everyone!!

gadetra

Visit site
Jesus I didn't know you had been so unwell.
Get Well Soon! I wonder if Mary McCann found out, she could maybe send you a 'hoofed'/autographed photo of a certain little known grey stallion... :D

Fwd P2P

Visit site
Mr brother had the same type when he was 17 Connor. He has the chemo & radio treatment, list his beautiful mahogany hair, but he started sprouting fairly quickly & his straight hair has regrown as lovely soft curls, which all the ladies like!! The point of this is to say that he's now middle 30's, has never looked back and indeed formally adopted his first child, a little girl, last July :). It's just a minor blip in his life now, rather than ruling it and with a young family to care for, he's happier than I've ever known which is remarkable. He's also no longer watched & hasnt been for years, which was a huge relief!
I really hope the hit regrowth goes well, you've fantastic soft, strokeable baby hair to look forward to, so maximise your opportunities ;-)

Fwd P2P

Visit site
Mr brother had the same type when he was 17 Connor. He had the chemo & radio treatment, lost his beautiful mahogany hair, but he started sprouting fairly quickly & his straight hair has regrown as lovely soft curls, which all the ladies like!! The point of this is to say that he's now middle 30's, has never looked back and indeed formally adopted his first child, a little girl, last July :). It's just a minor blip in his life now, rather than ruling it and with a young family to care for, he's happier than I've ever known which is remarkable. He's also no longer watched & hasnt been for years, which was a huge relief!
I really hope the hair re-growth goes well, you've fantastic soft, strokeable baby hair to look forward to, so maximise your opportunities ;-)

aed

Visit site
Good man. Stay well. Iv only recently joined this forum. I have seen and read and enjoyed your comments. Oh yes .. Im a cruising fan . Your great get going and keep happy. Im from the wee county.