contact saddles

hunteress

Visit site
can someone enlighten me with these close contact saddles ive always used GP can you do every diciplin in these saddles looking for a second saddle so my best one keeps nice , many thanks.

kirstyfk

Visit site
I'm not entirely sure myself but i think its just the way the saddle is made, the shape of the tree or something. So that you are closer to the horse. Although most CC are dressage and jumping saddles I am sure you can get GPs as well.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I loved my contact saddle, and used mine for every class. Great for jumping but also for showing too! Sadly got sold with pony :S

223.jpg

Any help seeing it on a pony?

lorenababbit

Visit site
lovely pony but that is not a close contact saddle and yes you can do any discipline in them.
Just so you know a close contact saddsle has only one flapand the girth straps protrude from the bottom of it so a short (dressage type) girth is needed. this is to prevent bukl under the thigh and get the rider in close contact with the horse. It is not about the addle being in close contact with the horse, that should happen with a traditional saddle. The one in the picture looks particularly well fitted from what you can see.

flyingfeet

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just so you know a close contact saddsle has only one flapand the girth straps protrude from the bottom of it so a short (dressage type) girth is needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er no!

What you are describing is a monoflap saddle, which whilst generally are close contact, but they are not the only type!

Pessoa, Stubben, Jaguar, Henry De Rivel to name but a few all do close contact saddles with 2 flaps and standard 3 point short girth.

KatB

Visit site
Yep agree with this one! Close contact is referring to the panel shape, they are alot thinner and so place you alot closer to the horses movement, generally have a flatter seat, and minimal bulk throughout the saddle.

lorenababbit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just so you know a close contact saddsle has only one flapand the girth straps protrude from the bottom of it so a short (dressage type) girth is needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er no!

What you are describing is a monoflap saddle, which whilst generally are close contact, but they are not the only type!

Pessoa, Stubben, Jaguar, Henry De Rivel to name but a few all do close contact saddles with 2 flaps and standard 3 point short girth.

Er ...then they are not 'close contact' as it was originally designed to be which as i have said was to get the rider in closer contact with the horse. But a great many saddle designers, realising the flaws in 'close contact' as well as the benifits, redesigned their standard saddles to be lighter and less bulky all of which is good for the horse and marketed them as the same thing. As originally said panels that increase the bearing surface on the back are desirable and any well fitted well made saddle should have them. The description should always have been monoflap or standard, 'close contact' was a marketing term that this debate proves to have worked admirably.