Conundrum - showing question

RainbowDash

Visit site
Hi All,

Just a quick question really.

If I were to take Boyo to a show - albeit a very local one - would he need to be entered under his passport DOB? Which is at best a guess?

Boyo's passport has his date of foaling at 1 May 2000 - A dentist guessed he is older 15/16.

Advice please ...

Thanks all :D

be positive

Visit site
Unless you are doing youngstock or veteran classes the age of the horse is of no real interest to the organisers, they may ask for it on the entry form but it really should not matter what age you put him as. Many horses lost a year or two when they were passported.

hnmisty

Visit site
I used to do veteran classes with my 35y/o at local shows and was never asked for any proof of age, could've told them she was 45!

ETS: agree with the above, unless you are entering youngster or OAP classes, then age is irrespective.

RainbowDash

Visit site
Hi,

Thanks both of you :D.

I was thinking of veteran in-hand classes (He's a 14hh Welsh sec Cx - according to his passport) - my thinking being to gauge how he reacts off the yard, travel, etc. His previous owner said he was fine and did show but I'm not daft enough to take it for granted seeing as local shows were in hacking distance - and esp. since knowing him for 15 months.

If he's good and takes it in his stride then I'll know for sure whether he'll be happy doing jump classes with me :D.