Copper sulphate and sarcoids?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Anyone know if copper sulphate is used as a treatment against sarcoids? Was having a chat with Fabian and he said he'd used it very successfully on a horse that had a massive one on its leg.
Course, I'm not sure what the Spanish for sarcoid is (I described them as sort-of-big-warts) so we might've been chatting about 2 different things
tongue.gif

Marnie

Visit site
I've seen copper sulphate used to tackle proud flesh, but not sarcoids - although the principles are probabaly fairly similar. It is pretty nasty stuff, and you have to be really careful not to get it on any healthy tissue otherwise it 'burns'.

Not sure that is any help!!

mitchellk

Visit site
Ok when I was a naive teenager I had a lovely top class small hunter that I produced myself and he was my love! We used the local farrier whos yard is like going back 100 years and he knows a remedy for everything and anything- one summer the small hunter developed a huge sarcoid between his back legs (common place to get them) and so got vet out who said it was best to leave them alone, so we did, then it started to bleed because of its position it was being rubbed between his back legs. Went to farrier to have shoes put on and he gave me copper sulphate to dab on once a day and it went within seven days- literally shrivelled up and never came back- we never had the lump checked so it may not have been sarcoid but seemed to do the trick.

Fairynuff

Visit site
I wouldnt be surprised if it works! Its used here for thrush and canker. For thrush,its mixed with vinegar then packed around the frog (soaked cotton wool). Ive used it and it works really well and costs nowt.As Ive been lucky enough not to have seen canker, I dont know, but have heard it helps. You could always try the old cure for warts-bury a frog under a tree or spit on it when you get out of bed in the morning
grin.gif
. Not the frog, the wart
crazy.gif
. M.

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
I was given it last week for proud flesh and told to put it only on the proud flesh and wear gloves as it burns your skin, by the vet
I used liverpool cream on sarcoid which worked well.
Proud flesh has no nerves so no pain but a sarcoid might get painful and you would need to protect healthy skin like they do with liverpool cream with maybe vasaline