Copra meal Coolstance

willhegofirst

Visit site
Does anyone know if you can get samples of cool stance copra meal? I understand some horses won't touch it, and as its nearly £18 a bag I would like to try him on it before buying a whole bag.
Thanks

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I couldn't get my horse to eat it straight away I had to start with just a small spoonful in each feed and very gradually increased it and he loves it now.

Leo Walker

Visit site
if you want some and cover the postage I'm happy to send you some :) Mine HATED it at first and now loves it, although he only gets a tiny handful a day

WelshD

Visit site
definitely agree with the other two, you need to start out with very little as its got quite a strong smell (not sure if its palatable, not tasted it - I have to draw the line somewhere lol)

Leo Walker

Visit site
definitely agree with the other two, you need to start out with very little as its got quite a strong smell (not sure if its palatable, not tasted it - I have to draw the line somewhere lol)

I have tasted it :lol: It smells like Bounty bars, sadly it tastes like gritty mud :lol:

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
Definitely start small!! I have a fussy youngster who thought I was trying to poison her at first but she likes it now! The other mare absolutely loved it from the start, in fact when she first smelt it she caught me unawares and dragged me to the bowl to stuff her face! I use warm water to soak it and I can confirm it smells A LOT better than it tastes.... ;)

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Definitely start small!! I have a fussy youngster who thought I was trying to poison her at first but she likes it now! The other mare absolutely loved it from the start, in fact when she first smelt it she caught me unawares and dragged me to the bowl to stuff her face! I use warm water to soak it and I can confirm it smells A LOT better than it tastes.... ;)

Mine were similar, one loved it straightaway and one took a while to be convinced but then that applies to anything new.