Cordless Clipper/trimmers for Feathers/Hogging

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Any recommendations for a reasonably priced pair of clippers/trimmers for trimming feathers and hogging? Must be able to be sharpened and would prefer one that came with some guides for different hair lenghts. I have a large pair of clippers but they are mains and just want some cordless ones to keep on top of things! I have some Liveryman Element (I think) but they cannot be sharpened as the rear blade is plastic so you have to buy a new set of blades when they blunt. I have also misplaced the charger!!

Ideas greatfully received!

albert

Visit site
i had to buy mains clippers because my rechargeable ones where not powerfull enough to hog. Spoke to a few people and noone could recommend smaller clippers for hogging all said that i would need a mains set

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
I have had a brilliant set of Oster rechargeable clippers that would do your job. I've had them for about 15 years and they are so quiet but sturdy enough to do thickish feathers if nec so hogging should be a doddle.
Unfortunately they have just died, well, I think it's the recharger, and I was looking to replace them and found these from Clippersharp.........
http://www.clippersharp.com/new_products.php Scroll down to the cordless clippers on offer at an excellent price.
I've just ordered some, so fingers crossed!

albert

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I have had a brilliant set of Oster rechargeable clippers that would do your job. I've had them for about 15 years and they are so quiet but sturdy enough to do thickish feathers if nec so hogging should be a doddle.
Unfortunately they have just died, well, I think it's the recharger, and I was looking to replace them and found these from Clippersharp.........
http://www.clippersharp.com/new_products.php Scroll down to the cordless clippers on offer at an excellent price.
I've just ordered some, so fingers crossed!

[/ QUOTE ]

Clippersharpe where one of the companies that told me not buy to cordless for hogging. Hogging a horse is the hardest thing you will ask your clippers to do, if you try and use ones that arent up to it they will just pull at the main and you will burn the motor out. I have Laube cordless and they are great but just didnt touch the mane.

Best to give them a ring and ask their advise, but i ended up spending £170.00 just so i can hog her!!!

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Any recommendations for a reasonably priced pair of clippers/trimmers for trimming feathers and hogging? Must be able to be sharpened and would prefer one that came with some guides for different hair lenghts. I have a large pair of clippers but they are mains and just want some cordless ones to keep on top of things! I have some Liveryman Element (I think) but they cannot be sharpened as the rear blade is plastic so you have to buy a new set of blades when they blunt. I have also misplaced the charger!!

Ideas greatfully received!

[/ QUOTE ]

The top blade is ceramic, not plastic, and they are £16 to replace.

Have you considered the maverick ? (with the battery pack), they have a good amount of go in them.