Cordless clippers

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Any recommendations for extremely quiet clippers for nervous horse ?? I could possibly use corded ones but my mare is extremely sensitive.

I currently have the Moserline Avalon ones (only 2 seasons old) - went up yard today and they have decided not to cut through hair at all. They were fully charged and I had new blades. Has anyone else experienced this ?

Ended doing a trace clip using flipping trimmers - took me 3 hours ! Luckily horse was extremely patient and unaffected !

Anyone use Liveryman showman ? (think that's what they're called)

Many thanks as always HB

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I have the Avalon's as they are so quiet and my mare is very clipper phobic. I have had similar problems with the blades though. I find, that if you take the blades apart and give them a good clean, they work again. I think tiny minute hairs clog the blades up. I have managed to get the knack with them, but OH was struggling a bit clipping for me today.

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Thanks Theresa but blades were definately clean. I use one of those 'air dusters' for cleaning keyboards and such like. They blow out every tiny hair. I just can't understand it. She was clean/dry and her coat is not particularly thick (she's an ISH). Completely flummoxed. Maybe I'll send them over to clippersharp to have a look at. It's just so annoying !

Haniki

Visit site
I've got Lister Showman clippers - I think the new equivalent is Lister Liberty. I love them and use them for a horse who used to have to be sedated but doesn't with these. (I think that is due to them being cordless). They are not that quiet - they make a sort of rattly noise. I have the small Lister Meteor cordless trimmers for the head, armpits etc.

Visit site
i also use livery harmony clippers, they stay charged for ages, they are quiet. my horse is quite scared of being clipped too but she is amazing with them. also quite cheap.
grin.gif

neigh

Visit site
The Liveryman Harmony takes the same blades as your Moser Avalon. But the Avalon is slightley quieter. I would just send the blades off to get them looked at but if you still have a problem then i would suggest the clippers need looking at.

The Lister Showman is now known as the Lister Liberty. A powerful rechargable clipper...but noisy than the Avalon.

cazzaroogie

Visit site
I have liveryman Whisper clippers cordless and great. They didnt work for ages until my husband took them apart an founf a screw had come off they werent clipping any hair at all. He fixed that and now they work fine. Managed to reclip my boy a full clip with them in an hour they lasted that long before needing charging- which take s an hour, and clipped my baby only for the 2nd time and he was good too.