Cornwall hay

bumper

Visit site
Due to the weather...anyone who has seen the news will be aware of the situation down here in West Cornwall....we have very limited turnout/grazing. Running out of hay at a rate of knots. Does anyone know of any hay available in the Falmouth/Helston/Redruth area?

sueonmull

Visit site
Really feel for everyone down there. Hope someone will have some spare - 2013 was a very good year for hay so should be plenty about though you might have to get together with some others and bring in from further afield. Best of luck.

bumper

Visit site
Thank you :) xx

Tomorrow looks good during the day, and today hasn't been too bad (relatively)..we are even due some sun tomorrow! Brief turnout time for some. However, there is a 4th huge storm due tomorrow evening, supposed to be the worst :(

bumper

Visit site
Thanks LJR and flintmeg! I've managed to get 4 bales from a friend, collecting tomorrow, will do for about 5 days.
flintmeg I'm also between Fal and Helston, at Rame :)

fatpiggy

Visit site
Could you look in the yellow pages under farmers and just start ringing around? I live oop north now but am originally from Stithians :) Good luck to everyone in the next few days with the weather. My sister says it was wild there a couple of days ago :( It has barely been particularly wet or windy here, despite the dire forecasts. So glad my mum lives at the top of a hill now.

bumper

Visit site
Could you look in the yellow pages under farmers and just start ringing around? I live oop north now but am originally from Stithians :) Good luck to everyone in the next few days with the weather. My sister says it was wild there a couple of days ago :( It has barely been particularly wet or windy here, despite the dire forecasts. So glad my mum lives at the top of a hill now.
I live a mile an a half from Stithians and used to live there too :)
Found some!! So relieved..picking up on Sunday, as there is no way with the forecast that I am taking the trailer out tomorrow!!

bumper

Visit site
Thanks but I can't use haylage, as wouldn't go through it fast enough for a big bale not to go off. I do so love it, as long as it's not ryegrass haylage...it affects him like rocket fuel I discovered a couple of years ago!! Taking the trailer out tomorrow for 10am (in these winds Lord preserve us lol!) to get hay :)